Speaker dilemma

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a pair of old Rogers Export Monitors which I love but which have been deemed as too big and obstrusive for our newly decorated living room. I bought a pair of Acoustic Energy Aegis NEO 3s which are very good (a bit harsh and bright compared to the Rogers) but have the problem of needing to be sited away from the wall, meaning I have to move them into position every time I want to listen to them (for aesthetics and harmony they are stored against the wall).

Any suggestions for other speakers to try? I don't mind if they are floorstanders or stand mounted, but they will have to be listened to when sited against the wall and not have big cabinets. The more unobstrusive the better, but not at the expense of perfermance (obviously). The budget will be ~£400.

Thanks for your thoughts, Forbes.

A

Anonymous

What's the rest of your kit? This may have an influence over the type of speakers are suited to you.

Room dimensions are useful too.

A

Anonymous

So my kit's not exactly cutting edge. Amp is an A&R Cambridge A60 (another treasured piece that I think needs a fair outlay to better it), deck is Rega Planar 3 and CD player (main source) a Marantz CD7200. I may soon 'update' my amp to an Arcam Alpha 9.

Room is, I'm guessing, ~7 x 3.5 m and the speakers will be either side of a fireplace in the middle of the long wall.

John Duncan

This is an automated response.......please hold.....your call is important to us......

emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Big agree witrh drummerman. The R3 seems like the answer to your prayers. Can't think of any other options in this budget off the top of my head.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts