Speaker dilemma

Sgb73

Jun 11, 2020
Visit site
I’ve decided to get my old hi fi out of the loft (Arcam Alpha 7se and Alpha 10 amp) and I want a decent bookshelf speaker for a reasonable price. I’ve read some reviews and I’m torn between the Dali Spektor 2 and the Monitor Audio Bronze 2. Looking for some advice if anyone can help?
Thanks Steve.

D

Deleted member 160668

Arcam and MA have a great synergy together. I've had several arcam amps (current amp is A39) and have tried many speakers with them. MA has always paired very well.

I can't comment on the Dali's as I've not heard them.

JonB1001

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Q Acoustic 3020i's also worth having a look at in that price bracket. Second hand pair of Neat Iota's also in touching distance if you were able to push the boat out a bit. Depends what kind of sound you like. What sort of sound do the Arcams give? Analytical or musical? Or somewhere in the middle? You'll get a nice bit of warmth from the 3020s. Iotas will give you more detail - but they are a bit quirky. I don't know how they would pair with the older Arcams though.

D

Deleted member 116933

Mission back in the day used to go quite well. If you don't mind second hand the 700/freedom series is where id start. Along with the older B&W 600 series.

I have no experience with newer speakers with the alpha series, Newer MA might not go well at all. If you can maybe get a home demo with them if you can.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts