Speaker damage

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I very stupidly connected my DVD player to my amp while the amp was still switched on and the amp made a loud noise momentarily as the RCA mad contact. I'm a bit paranoid now that I may have damaged the speakers.

The amp is a NAD C320BEE (50 watts RMS I think) and speakers are Wharfedale 9.1, with the volume at about 9.5 o'clock and the antil-clipping control switched on.

Is it very likely that the speakers may be damaged?

A

Anonymous

I can't test them fully until tomorrow so not to wake up the family but they did sound a little shut in than they do normally. Maybe I'm just getting used to their sound and don't notice the improvements in sound so much since I upgraded.

What difference does it make if I was playing music? The sound didn't sound healthy at all. I've made this same mistake a few times with other speakers in the past and got away with it but not at this high a volume.

A

Anonymous

Well, I'm still hearing a more distorted sound though it could be my imagination. Has anyone else had any experience of speaker damage via the above mentioned?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

1978:garry79:

Well, I'm still hearing a more distorted sound though it could be my imagination. Has anyone else had any experience of speaker damage via the above mentioned?

Thanks

Do you mean a low loud even overdriven sound when you touch jack to an output ? If so , I really don't think that would do any harm if the sound was short enough.Happens many times I guess.

Yes, that's what it was. The volume was quite high as I was watching a compressed video at the time and had to turn the knob up higher than I normally do to compensate for the low volume on the recording. What do you mean by 'short enough'. If you mean time wise I don't really see what diffrerence that could make :-?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts