speaker connections

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
Silly question but i always thought that speaker connections on speakers and the back of the amp were a standard size(4mm i think). Is this right? as i am in the process of upgrading my old technics seperates i have bought some new QED speaker cable with QED banana plug already fitted (amp and cd player next). Anyway the plugs fit nicely into the back of my castle speakers but seem too big for the amp. I have tried but they are too damn big!, The amp is about 18 yrs old so have the connection size changed in recent yrs or is it just my old amp??? Howard

A

Anonymous

[quote user="northantsbloke34"]Silly question but i always thought that speaker connections on speakers and the back of the amp were a standard size(4mm i think). Is this right? as i am in the process of upgrading my old technics seperates i have bought some new QED speaker cable with QED banana plug already fitted (amp and cd player next). Anyway the plugs fit nicely into the back of my castle speakers but seem too big for the amp. I have tried but they are too damn big!, The amp is about 18 yrs old so have the connection size changed in recent yrs or is it just my old amp???

Howard[/quote]

Well the nad amps dont take 4mm plugs either, so i dont think its anything to do with the age of your amp, and there isnt a universal fitting that i know off....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts