Speaker choice - How to balance needs?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
A bit of advice please. I have the Yamaha AX863 amp. I need to choose some speakers, and quite frankly don't know where to start. I have never really been into hifi, so don't know speakers.

I need to balance the choice with a budget of about £1200, a wife who doesn't want large floor standing speakers, and the fact that we have two babies in the house - so crawling sticking fingers are a constant threat.

The B&W M1 speakers looks nice - and I could mount them on a wall to keep them out of the way.

I also like the look of some of the Kegs.

Any advice greatly appreicated. By the way, my lounge is 7m by 4m. The TV (Pana 46PZ85) is wall mounted in the middle pf one of the 4m walls.

A

Anonymous

Thanks so far guys.

How does one 'match' speakers to an amp? I read in another post, where someone was asking if a particular speaker set would work with a particular amp; the answer from Clare was that the speakers were to powerful for the amp (I think. Cant find the post again).

As different amps have different power outputs per channel, and impeadances, does one have to match these to a set of speakers?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts