Speaker Cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Guys

I possibly have a bit of a dilemma.

I listen
to mainly rock music, but also a bit of all other types like acoustic and Eva Cassidy etc. I have found that recently i have been
alternating my speaker cable between Chord Rumor and some thick Maplin
copper cable. The Chord clearly has the edge as far as accuracy goes,
and seems a little "faster"
but after a while can sound a little fatiguing.This has become more
apparent when using my Dacmagic. It's nothing like unbearable but
sometimes i find myself turning the volume down with certain things like
Foo Fighters. The copper cable is more
listenable but slightly less accurate and can sound a little muddled in comparison, however i think it may be a
sacrifice
worth making. I'm considering trying to find a speaker cable that will
perhaps sit somewhere in the middle, without breaking the bank. Budget
will probably be about £10 p/m. Do you have any suggestions and am i
going to lose to much by getting rid of the rumor. I have had the rumor
for quite a few years and find the clarity superb.

cheers for any help.

A

Anonymous

The chord silverscreen could be good as all copper, or the atlas hyper 2. Bit over the budget, but selling the rumour would offset some of the additional cost for you.

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
I had the Chord Oddeysey and allthough a good cable i found it a tad agressive in the upper mids and highs. I found an even better match and further improvement with the "Anti Cable", a solid copper wire wich is praised by many that used very expensive speaker before they stumbled on this. Main reason is that it doesn't seem to leave a sonic signature. To me it sounds more natural and good seperation. I can strongly advise it to anyone really unless if he wants to change the sound of his system.

http://www.anticables.com/home.html

Beware that it is a stiff cable, so for some setups it might not be that practical when for example funiture is in the way when you go from the amp to the speakers. But if you would buy the speaker cable straight from the roll without terminations it's dirty cheap to.

Alternatively you could also try some basic but good quality antenna cable if you have laying around. This might seem odd but solid copper has benefits for the transfer and for sound as a result.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Yup; the Chord Carnival Silverscreen would be a very good cable to have.

I'm currently using QED Revalation and I have to say that it's a superb cable and deffo a good step up from the Chord Carnival Silverscreen
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Cheers for all the feedback guys, i will have a look at all these.

A

Anonymous

ya thats what i did terminated some qed silver ann biwire of the roll from hifi cables and terminated myself with some eichmann

bullets i think it sounds great with my cyrus biamped system,massive difference to me once i biamped i enjoy my lsi9 better than my bw 805s which i sold,the polk cost me less than a third of the price,and feel they out perform the bw. Massive soundstage killer bass,thats tight and punchy and the ring radiator tweeter is so smooth compared to nautilus to my ears i think these speakers are the best speakers you can buy for the price especially for what i got em for 786 cdn retail 1450.00 and hey they havent changed em for 11 years now you all know what that means the replacement 805 diamond 6000 gimme a ------- break!

cyrus 8vs2

cyrus 8power

cyrus cd6se,rebel revolver cambridge azur 540p,dnm reson single core innerconnects

polk lsi9,qed silver anniv biwire,eichmann bullet plugs for music.

denon 1910,denon 2500 btci,pioneer 5080 kuro,definitive speakers for theatre

A

Anonymous

to all cyrus owners good choice this stuff kicks some serious butt

Adnams

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I use Audioquest CV4 which has excellent bass and great detail.

You could try using one of cheaper ones in the range, they are excellent.

TRENDING THREADS