Speaker Cable.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everybody, i've been getting myself really stressed out over the past couple of weeks and i'm hoping i can be pushed in the right direction on here. Right here goes, had a home demo of proac 140 studio's for a week & decided they really are a great sounding speaker they had everything i wanted bags of clarity, excellent soundstage terrific base which if i'm honest was occasionally a bit too much but that i could live with, the only gripe that i have with them is the fact they tend to lean towards the bright side. I listen to a wide range of music favourite being classic rock & metal anything by francis dunnery & male & female solo artists. I'm not sure if it's the tweeter or the midband that's causing the brightness. My electronics are primare cd31 & primare i30 amp. I'm using vdh fist ultimate mk2 interconnect chord rumour 4 bi wire speaker cable. Bear with me i'm getting there. At this present time i've got pmc fb1i's on home demo. The brightness has gone, but the bass doesn't go so deep and seems more controlled with the proacs, also voices don't seem to be as clear as the proacs. With the proacs i could easily follow words to a song. Overall the proacs had a better sound apart from the rather forwardness they produce. I think i need to change my cables, i have a review of the proacs & primare equipment and the cable being used for review is Atlas hyper 3 speaker cable & Atlas Voyager all cu interconnect. I'm thinking of trying these as the hyper 3 can tame a bright sound, only thing is i'm used to bi wiring & hyper 3 is single wire, will i lose any thing by single wiring also would i be better of using xlr interconnects or the normal phono ones. I've got another week to make up my mind, but imho i'd like to go for the proacs and try and tame that brightness. Got there. Sorry ittook so long my friends. Anyone willing to help out. Much appreciated.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
try the cable and if you like it buy it - been many debates on whether bi wiring makes a difference i bi amp so need to so just buy two runs for each speaker so you can bi wire. If money is tight buy one set now and then the other later. i recently bought Chord odyssey bi wire and really like the difference - nice tonal balance and good bass

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts