Speaker Cable Upgrade

gangus

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have Rega Brio-R, Rega RP6/Exact and Dynaudio X12 speakers.

Currently hooked up with chord carnival speaker cable.

Would I hear much improvement in quality upgrading to QED XT40, Vandenhul or Audioquest etc?

Thanks

Gary

samma said:
I think Audioquest would be much better!

I don't
regular_smile.gif

dogg5306

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I've just upgraded from 2*3m audioquest flx-slip 14/4 (2 banana plugs on amp side to 4 banana plugs on speaker side) to 2*2m QED Reference XT40 (2 spades on speaker side having the default B&W links in use and just bare cables on amp side)...

Didn't know what to expect with my Roksan K2 and B&W CM9 that were previously bi-wired... let me just that the difference is "breath-taking"... bass and lower medium department are MUCH better... let me repeat it... MUCH better... (it just cancels my need for a sub!)

Can't wait to get my Cyrus Stream Xa that will basically replace my Marantz CD6004 (just a few days!) *clapping*...

dogg5306

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
The bass department is much more defined, more present... and it doesn't impact high frequencies... hard to believe but true!

Clemothesaint

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Does your K2 drive your Cm9's ok ? I'm thinking of ditching my old KEF's for the new 683S2's. Quite a large speaker without a pre/power amp combo. I'm currently running the K2 intergrated amp

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts