Speaker cable upgrade.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have some spare cash at the end of the month and would like to replace my atlas hyper 1.5 with something better, i will happily spend up to £30 pound pm if it's worth it, anyone have any suggestions on what would work well with my kit?

Cheer's jamie.

RS0882

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi Jimm,

I recently upgraded to chord rumour 2 for my RX1 and Marantz pm8003 combo and it works great! The separation is vastly improved, but especially the bass is now more controlled where before it was a little boomy. You can now clearly hear the different tones in bass and it is far more tuneful. The cables are also nice and thin and don't cost ridiculous amounts of money! I do expect odyssesy to sound at least as good, and perhaps a little better...

Good luck!

RS

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, ive had the atlas cable for about 5 year's now, i want a bit more sparkle in the treble, ill have a look online at chord, they are highly regarded. I like the sound of my atlas cable so maybe it's a simple case of upgrading from the 1.5 to 3.0?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Jamie, I would recommend you either stay with the Atlas range, or try some Telurium Q.....always have the option to return if necessary.

A

Anonymous

Ill likely buy some hyper 3.0 however the telurium Q look's promising with good reviews too.

A

Anonymous

I'm using Atlas Hyper biwire on #2 hifi, which I think is parallel runs of Hyper 1.5 and 3.0. This might give you a little extra something but doubt you'll hear much difference. What kind of improvement are you looking for, whats your total budget and cable length?

A

Anonymous

I listen at my pc desk, i only need 1.5 m per speaker, i would spend up to £30 pm if the improvement was worth it or maybe i should look at a better interconnect than my atlas, i have some money to spend so id like to improve the sound of my hifi with a cheeky cable upgrade but only if it's worth it.

Hi, I would tend to go for the Telurium Q Blue. (The black would be a considerable increas in you budget) Don't use it in my system but a mate has it and it is good. Also it has a bit of a name for itself at the moment, as do all of their products it would appear. Should be easier to sell on than the Atlas if you decide you do not like it.

A

Anonymous

The black is quite pricey, £46 per m, ouch, from what i have read both the blue and black are excellent cables, if i can get a good price on the black then ill go for it if, I only need 1.5 m either side, £150 ish is a lot of money for 3 metres of cable!

A

Anonymous

My mind is made up, ill be ordering some of the black stuff.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
The TQ Black is remarkable cable, and will never need upgraded in the future. In the context of your current system, I agree with Alears, that the "Blue" would have been fine.

Let us know how you get on, as it will be interesting to see if you think it gives a £150 worth of an upgrade.......I work on the principal that it has to bring a bigger improvement than spending the same money on anything else.

CnoEvil said:
The TQ Black is remarkable cable, and will never need upgraded in the future. In the context of your current system, I agree with Alears, that the "Blue" would have been fine. Let us know how you get on, as it will be interesting to see if you think it gives a £150 worth of an upgrade.......I work on the principal that it has to bring a bigger improvement than spending the same money on anything else.

Have to say that £46-£47 per mtr is a colossal amount to spend on cables, especially if your system is below £5k.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
CnoEvil said:
The TQ Black is remarkable cable, and will never need upgraded in the future. In the context of your current system, I agree with Alears, that the "Blue" would have been fine. Let us know how you get on, as it will be interesting to see if you think it gives a £150 worth of an upgrade.......I work on the principal that it has to bring a bigger improvement than spending the same money on anything else.

Have to say that £46-£47 per mtr is a colossal amount to spend on cables, especially if your system is below £5k.

That is exactly why I made the comment, and only time will tell if the extra performance will be worth the outlay....TQ is really good stuff (if you believe in such things).

A

Anonymous

I dont get paid until the 29th so i wont be rushing into anything just yet, from what i have read the whole range from is TQ is brilliant, i phoned a dealer today and they said they would send some cable to demo, if it's that good ill keep it, i know rule of thumb say's the cable is to expensive for what ive got but if it makes a radical difference i will part with the cash.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
jimm said:
I dont get paid until the 29th so i wont be rushing into anything just yet, from what i have read the whole range from is TQ is brilliant, i phoned a dealer today and they said they would send some cable to demo, if it's that good ill keep it, i know rule of thumb say's the cable is to expensive for what ive got but if it makes a radical difference i will part with the cash.

That's very sensible.....there is no other way to tell if the Black is worth the extra in your system, without directly comparing it with the Blue.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
jimm said:

With respect, the RX1s are nice speakers but £10 a metre cable is ample.

A

Anonymous

Fair point gerrard, the rx'1s dont warrent nearly £50 speaker cable, im still going to demo it though just to see what it sounds like also i dont plan to keep the rx's forever but for the moment they are doing a grand job holding the fort.

iceman16

jimm said:
Fair point gerrard, the rx'1s dont warrent nearly £50 speaker cable, im still going to demo it though just to see what it sounds like also i dont plan to keep the rx's forever but for the moment they are doing a grand job holding the fort.
In my experience with Tellurium Q(black),It became one of the main parts of my system and not just an accessory.:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts