Speaker Cable question

antontech

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi, I'm currently using an Onkyo CR515 and Monitor audio bronze br2's. I'm using Van Damme 2x2.5mm loudspeaker cable at the moment, but I want more clarity, and better base. Can anyone recommend new cable around the £5/m mark.

A

Anonymous

Hi antontech. Have you tried the cable reviews on this very site?

http://whathifi.com/Reviews/Accessories-Reviews/Speaker-cables-Reviews/

antontech

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
Yes, it seem to be a toss up between chord com carnival silver, or the qed silver anniversary. The chord one I can get cheap, so I might go for that.

A

Anonymous

Only problem I have with Chord is that it's quite thick and difficult to hide (which I think actually is quite cool but but may cause problems depending on your domestic setup). It sounds great though, more bass and less brightness than the QED.

A

Anonymous

Stay the hell away from silver cable if you want more bass.

A

Anonymous

mrbungle:Stay the hell away from silver cable if you want more bass.

I thought that was a myth?

A

Anonymous

I guess different set ups will give different results.

I tried QED SA BI-W and it made my system pretty much so clinical i couldnt listen to it.

Swapped back to some regular QED Original and the warmsth and bass came back with leaps and bounds.

Depends how you like your sound i guess.

A

Anonymous

OK, I have tested all cables mentioned. With your set up I would head Chords way. This way you'll be answering politely for the bright receiver and speakers combination you chose.ÿ

A

Anonymous

mrbungle:I guess different set ups will give different results.

I tried QED SA BI-W and it made my system pretty much so clinical i couldnt listen to it.

Swapped back to some regular QED Original and the warmsth and bass came back with leaps and bounds.

Depends how you like your sound i guess.

I'm getting totally opposite result than yours when changing from original to SA-XT

A

Anonymous

I went from Chord Carnival Silver Plus bi-wire (£10/m) to Chord Odyssey 2 single wire (£20/m silver coated) and it was a worthy upgrade. The most obvious difference was in the bass, there was more of it! Further, it presents a cleaner soundstage. Just my opinion.

I would heartily recommend the Chord that you're looking at. Never been disappointed with their stuff.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts