Speaker Cable help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've been very happy with the Black Rhodium Rhythm speaker cable that I've had for the past 3 years, but having moved house, the lengths that I have are now too short. But I can't find anyone selling Rhythm now so I'm looking for a replacement.

I'm currently looking at the Chord Carnival SilverScreen cable, but as different cables have very different characteristics, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if this cable has a similar feel & sound to the BR Rhythms?

If not, any other suggestions at a similar price (@£5-10 a metre).

Thanks...

Ken

Adnams

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Try cables from Audioquest or Atlas...Type 4 or one of the Hyper's.Great clean sounding cables.I never got on with chord and going back to copper proved it.

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
hi i was using black rodium st400 for years biwire, and b/r/ tango. i needed a replecement for the same reason so i went for qed silver ann. after many great reviews it did not work with my nad an monitor audio very bright and harsh sound my dealer then let me try some chord silver charnival its sounded awesome, so i guess what im trying to say its a tricky one different kit different sound, as said above my friend swares by atlas and my brother in law loves russ andrerws sorry if this is not much help but it's a matter if synergy and matching the right kit ask a dealer if they have some lying around you can try my dealer were happy do do that.

another tip is keep both lenghts the same even if the speakers are not the same distance apart.

hope this is some help.

ROB

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I've had the QED Silver Anniversary cable as well as the Chord Carnival Silverscreen and both are superb cables but the Chord does pip the QED for overall sound and bass depth IMO

I'm now using QED Revelation which is superb and does very well in my system. It's more detailed than the Chord Carnival Silverscreen but with just as good a bass depth and tone if not that little bit better

I demo'd my system with Black Rhodium speaker cable and the QED Revelation is better

Adnams

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
As said by one of my mates above it is system dependant so, find a good dealer and try a few to make sure but, I went mad and bought some Mega Audioquest and I am listening to the Eagles and it is quite startling how well they make my system sing,I am hearing stuff that was just in the grunge at the back before so don't scrimp get the best you can and good luck.

TRENDING THREADS