Speaker Cable, for the future.......

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
as previosly posted, i will be getting my hands on my kef 7se's shortly, and when i do i will need some 'proper' speaker cable. Now the plan is to upgrade the amp and cd player in the up comning months, so when i do, i want something that will be of the grade of future upgrades not what i have now.

i will be looking around £500 a peice for an av amp and cd player. so what recommendations would you suggest. Price isn't too much of an issue as i'd rather get it right when i get them, and live with them for years rather than keep chaning them.

Thanks

Dave

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
i'm having a home demo of Van Den Hul CS122 speaker cable over the weekend. It's £13 a metre. I'll let you know how it sounds next week.

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I got a small piece of Chord Epic Super Twin on e-bay (normally £70 a metre) that was just long enough to cut in two for my set-up. It's staggeringly good; adds clout and detail.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
the bacon man:i will be looking around £500 a peice for an av amp and cd player. so what recommendations would you suggest. Price isn't too much of an issue as i'd rather get it right when i get them, and live with them for years rather than keep chaning them.

Sounds like a mid price set-up (especially as the amp is going to be an AV amp and not a dedicated 2 channel job) with £350 speakers so mid-priced cable is appropriate.

I am using £500 speakers with a £650 2xchannel 'all in one' Arcam CD/amp/tuner and I find my Chord Carnival Silver Screen cable fine for 2x2metre runs...

http://whathifi.com/Review/Chord-Company-Carnival-SilverScreen/

Spending significantly more at this level would be wasted I think.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts