Speaker cable for new system

peddie44

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi all I need to order some speaker cable to go with Sony STR-DH810 and Boston Acoustics xs, obviously don't want to spend a fortune on cable if I can avoid it. Can anyone recommend what / where to buy? Thanks

Pikman

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
I got mine from ebay... £5 for 10m... I'll post a link when I'm on my PC and can find my password if you would like it.
Sounds fine to me!

peddie44:Hi all

I need to order some speaker cable to go with Sony STR-DH810 and Boston Acoustics xs, obviously don't want to spend a fortune on cable if I can avoid it.

Can anyone recommend what / where to buy?

Thanks

Hi peddie44

I'll suggest popping down to your local electrical store and getting some standard 79 strand OFC speaker cable. This cable will be more then good enough for your system.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT:
peddie44:Hi all

I need to order some speaker cable to go with Sony STR-DH810 and Boston Acoustics xs, obviously don't want to spend a fortune on cable if I can avoid it.

Can anyone recommend what / where to buy?

Thanks

Hi peddie44

I'll suggest popping down to your local electrical store and getting some standard 79 strand OFC speaker cable. This cable will be more then good enough for your system.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

I agree with rick,I'm in the process of replacing my atlas hyper 3.0 cable with the same cable.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Pikman:
Here is what I used. Although I would love to hear what expensive cable sounds like, this will do me fine for now :)

I've used this myself and they are excellent value for the money.

A

Anonymous

Ronald Archiebald:Pikman:
Here is what I used. Although I would love to hear what expensive cable sounds like, this will do me fine for now :)

I've used this myself and they are excellent value for the money.

Yep same here just set up a MA system with it superb value for money wish i'd known about this before I bought all my QED anniversary XT cable.

Always cut the red wire!

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

I am too in the process of buying speaker cable. Was going to get either Chord/QED/Van Damme but might just change my mind now based on this thread!

Just a couple of questions:

1) As long as the cable is 79 strand or above and OFC then it will suffice?

2) Looked at the link for the cable that was posted its 2.5mm. would it be better to get 4mm cable as most people have suggested?

Thanks in advance

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

The chord silverscreen is a good value speaker cable for its price, better than the similar priced QED - more balanced tonally.

Cheers

Steve.

T

the record spot

Currently using 322 strand cable, cost me £5.50 from Ebay for 10m - Digitalis Direct I think was the seller. No issues with it. I tried it out on a whim, to give it a whirl really, and found it slightly better than the solid core Audioquest Type IV cable it replaced. Maybe something to do with it being multistrand copper...don't know the science at work here!

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Always cut the red wire!:

Cheers Steve,

It was the Chord Co Carnival Silver Screen/QED Silver Anniv' XT Evo/Van Dammme Blue 2x4mm that I was looking at. Chord was £4.50/m and the others £3.25/m.

Hi,

Just to clarify - I was talking about the chord carnival silverscreen and QED silver anniversary. I havent tried the Van Damme Blue. The chord is good cable for its price.

All the best

Cheers

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts