speaker cable direction.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've had some atlas ascent mk ll made up by my dealer that has been teminated at the power amp end to include my sub leads within the banana plugs. I've noticed that one cable runs with the arrows towards the speaker and the other with the arrows towards the power amp. Do you think this will be detrimental to the quality of the sound? It sounds good to me but when spendng over £350 on cable I want it to perfom as it should. Thanks in advance.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
I've had second thoughts: rush back to your dealer in the morning and ask him to change it. In the meantime you must be able to hear a noticeable difference between your speakers. Hopefully you won't have to suffer too long.

A

Anonymous

Oh give the guy a break! Arrows on cables indicate that they are directional. The manufacturers presumably believe this "works", otherwise they wouldn't bother. Even my QED Qunex 1 interconnects had directional arrows on them, and at £20 each or something, you could hardly claim that this was a high end piece of kit which was sexed-up by the manufacturer to try to screw a few more quid out of gullible punters. It's just a reasonably well-made, decent, budget piece of kit. The manufacturer has nothing to gain by sticking a couple of arrows on it. Ok, nothing to lose either, but I wouldn't say directionality on cables is a particular selling point.

To the original poster; if I were you I'd take your cable back to the dealer and ask if they'd sort out the terminations. Any dealer worth their salt will be happy to oblige a customer who's spent that much on cabling, and it'll give you piece of mind so that you can stop wondering and just start enjoying your music.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="tractorboy"]Oh give the guy a break! Arrows on cables indicate that they are directional. The manufacturers presumably believe this "works", otherwise they wouldn't bother. Even my QED Qunex 1 interconnects had directional arrows on them, and at £20 each or something, you could hardly claim that this was a high end piece of kit which was sexed-up by the manufacturer to try to screw a few more quid out of gullible punters. It's just a reasonably well-made, decent, budget piece of kit. The manufacturer has nothing to gain by sticking a couple of arrows on it. Ok, nothing to lose either, but I wouldn't say directionality on cables is a particular selling point.

To the original poster; if I were you I'd take your cable back to the dealer and ask if they'd sort out the terminations. Any dealer worth their salt will be happy to oblige a customer who's spent that much on cabling, and it'll give you piece of mind so that you can stop wondering and just start enjoying your music.[/quote]

Hear hear!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="tractorboy"]Oh give the guy a break! Arrows on cables indicate that they are directional. The manufacturers presumably believe this "works", otherwise they wouldn't bother. Even my QED Qunex 1 interconnects had directional arrows on them, and at £20 each or something, you could hardly claim that this was a high end piece of kit which was sexed-up by the manufacturer to try to screw a few more quid out of gullible punters.
.[/quote]

Cheap cables are copying the expensive cables to give them foo appeal. I've overcome the directionality issue by only playing AC through my speakers.

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Not sure if it will make any difference as I've always followed the directional arrows, but I'm surprised the store has missed this. I would take the cable back and have this corrected.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="drummerman"]
?? You have ears dont you? Try and use whichever way you think sounds better.

[/quote]

Apologies for my previous reply. Went to watch a good band and had a few to many hence I did'nt read your posting properly
emotion-6.gif

As previously mentioned, they have an obligation to carry the work out properly so wheter it makes a difference or not they have to fix the mistake.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="scumbag"]Do you think this will be detrimental to the quality of the sound? [/quote]

in theory "yes"

in Practice "NO"

imo

and DM, I think we kinna get use to the way you posted now! (took a while though)

A

Anonymous

Make sure your amplifier is higher than your speakers so the voltage doesn't have to go uphill.

A

Anonymous

[/quote]

oh dear.........open mouth and engage brain............synergy between the two is helpful sometimes ;) in response to your other post..........this is how to turn a good thread into bad..........well done for answering your own question ;)

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="SamS"][quote user="drummerman"]

[/quote] oh dear.........open mouth and engage brain............synergy between the two is helpful sometimes ;) in response to your other post..........this is how to turn a good thread into bad..........well done for answering your own question ;)[/quote]
Good shout SamS!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
emotion-4.gif
[quote user="Thaiman"]
and DM, I think we kinna get use to the way you posted now! (took a while though)

[/quote]

?

[/quote]

Only because his handle name is scumbag doesn't mean you should talk to him like one

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
You're a bit of a follower me starts to think. Sheep rather than sheppard 'rocknrollstar'
emotion-20.gif
and sams, can't disagree with you, clearly a case of to much Fosters in this case and he did have a good point.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts