Speaker Cable advise

A

Anonymous

The klara is an quite accomplished cable from my experience with it on my system. I actually upgraded to chords carnival silverscreen cable. Yes I must say there was a vast improvement for me in the bass weight and the extra shielding does clean things up at high volumes. But my system was a bit of an RF magnet.
The best thing to do is go to your local hifi dealer and take your klara with you. Set up your klara on a similar priced and type system to your own and listen to a couple of your favourite songs. Then swap out the cable for not just the chord but others like QED etc. you may hear the difference you might not. I would recomend a shielded cable but you may not need it.

Sometimes the cheaper cables are just as good as the top of the range stuff. I had a friend who used the mains cable you find on industrial machinery and it sounded amazing. 47p a foot!! You have to experiment.

musocbk:
I currently use Tara Labs KLARA to connect my pm7004 to KEF IQ90.

I am thinking of Chord Silverscreen , will it make a big difference ?.

Hi musocbk

Have a look at some generic speaker cable at a few £/m. This should do the trick.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
In my experience, going from silver plate (QED revelation) to solid copper made quite a difference. However, if you are not happy with the sound , changing speaker cable is probably not the answer.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your comments.... I think i will stick with the clara for the time being..... :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts