Speaker cable advice!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

TrevC

iceman16 said:
TrevC said:
iceman16 said:
BigH said:
iceman16 said:
CnoEvil said:
Matty Cairns said:
- Ref power cords etc: Pretty cool suggestions. If I only spend a small amount that makes me less of a raving lunatic - I'm not harming anybody, right?

Either way, you seem like a pretty level head and maybe I have been exposed to one side of the argument a little more than the other.
If you are curious about Power Cords, give Darren of Clearer Audio a ring, as they do a 60 day trial. http://www.cleareraudio.com/

Hi Cno..Just replaced my Chord powerchord (3x 1.5mm2) to ViaBlue X40 mains cable (3x 4mm2) conductors and yes there's a difference in bass, more fuller and tighter.

Is that fact? Or is it your imagination?

It's what I hear and I trust my ears. and not imagination. Thumping bass in my body is not an imagination!

It's your imagination, silly.

What would other forum members I expect from you TrevC? silly? Im just expressing my experience with system I thought more relatively transparent and revealing than yours.

Been here for couple of years in this forum but no one told me "Who Do Ya Think Yo Are"

Thanks

Just putting you straight. Placebo works!

iceman16

TrevC said:
iceman16 said:
TrevC said:
iceman16 said:
BigH said:
iceman16 said:
CnoEvil said:
Matty Cairns said:
- Ref power cords etc: Pretty cool suggestions. If I only spend a small amount that makes me less of a raving lunatic - I'm not harming anybody, right?

Either way, you seem like a pretty level head and maybe I have been exposed to one side of the argument a little more than the other.
If you are curious about Power Cords, give Darren of Clearer Audio a ring, as they do a 60 day trial. http://www.cleareraudio.com/

Hi Cno..Just replaced my Chord powerchord (3x 1.5mm2) to ViaBlue X40 mains cable (3x 4mm2) conductors and yes there's a difference in bass, more fuller and tighter.

It's what I hear and I trust my ears. and not imagination. Thumping bass in my body is not an imagination!

What would other forum members I expect from you TrevC? silly? Im just expressing my experience with system I thought more relatively transparent and revealing than yours.

Been here for couple of years in this forum but no one told me "Who Do Ya Think Yo Are"

Thanks

Sorry if your straight. My ears are flexible.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
TrevC said:
Native_bon said:
 Most mains conditionals I have borrowed and tried actually made my system sound worst as in clinical sounding.

There is no point is such things, but it isn't possible they made the sound worse or better. 
yes it did, it was so obvious passed the blind test hundred percent of the time.

TrevC

iceman16 said:
TrevC said:
iceman16 said:
TrevC said:
iceman16 said:
BigH said:
iceman16 said:
CnoEvil said:
Matty Cairns said:

Thanks

Sorry if your straight. My ears are flexible.

Your?

TrevC

Native_bon said:
TrevC said:
Native_bon said:
Most mains conditionals I have borrowed and tried actually made my system sound worst as in clinical sounding.

There is no point is such things, but it isn't possible they made the sound worse or better.
yes it did, it was so obvious passed the blind test hundred percent of the time.

Lucky guesses perhaps, but no audible differences because they don't change sound quality.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
TrevC said:
Native_bon said:
TrevC said:
Native_bon said:

Lucky guesses perhaps, but no audible differences because they don't change sound quality.

You are probably quite an amicable fella but on here you certainly elevate the words 'boring' and 'monotonous' to new heights ... . :)

TrevC

drummerman said:
TrevC said:
Native_bon said:
TrevC said:
Native_bon said:

You are probably quite an amicable fella but on here you certainly elevate the words 'boring' and 'monotonous' to new heights ... . :)

Mains cables are boring and fiddling with mains stuff is pointless because there's no performance reward. I didn't start the thread.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
TrevC said:
drummerman said:
TrevC said:
Native_bon said:
TrevC said:
Native_bon said:

Mains cables are boring and fiddling with mains stuff is pointless because there's no performance reward. I didn't start the thread.

Some new users on here may mistake your comments for trolling.

However, 1900+ posts, each one saying mostly exactly the same would make for a very (!) persistent troll.

I think you are just very (!) committed ...

Have a good eve TrevC

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Incidentally, that made me look at my posting figure.

More than 7000 mostly on matters hifi. Quite sad really.

Should have written a book instead, on cables maybe :)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Matty Cairns said:
I feel like I've opned Pandora's box. I was just thinking, wouldn't it be cool if audiophiles could just live and let live?

You'll have grandchildren before some of this lot stop arguing. *biggrin*

For your own sanity, walk away from this thread now.

I told you, didn't I? *lol*

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
TrevC said:
iceman16 said:
BigH said:
iceman16 said:
CnoEvil said:
Matty Cairns said:

This is an example of you crossing the line Trev. You have your views, they may even be correct, but it's this attitude where you call people names that are clearly derogatory. It's rude and out of order. You big d***head. :) Now see, do you like it? Calling someone a d***head or silly is no different, it's derogatory, and it can hurt, and its the end of actual reasoning and any argument you ever have. Have your say, but don't call people names, unless you're seven years old. You aren't seven years old are you Trev?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
drummerman said:
TrevC said:
Native_bon said:
TrevC said:
Native_bon said:

You are probably quite an amicable fella but on here you certainly elevate the words 'boring'  and 'monotonous' to new heights ... .  :)

True enough. Silly, boring, repetetive truth. Cuh.

TrevC

radiorog said:
TrevC said:
iceman16 said:
BigH said:
iceman16 said:
CnoEvil said:
Matty Cairns said:

This is an example of you crossing the line Trev. You have your views, they may even be correct,

Of course they are correct, silly. How could anything on the mains affect bass? It's absurd.

. *yahoo*

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
"It's what I hear and I trust my ears. and not imagination"

The perfect sentence for the start of a biased review. Maybe TrevC posts a lot about this, but everytime a topic was closed about this, it comes another one with the same question. It's just showing how boring those internet hoax are. Some other forums are strictly forbidding those discussions themes outside of the voodoo section.

The amateur in this hobby need to know that this is an hoax. Because if you have a restricted budget for a set, spending 300 bucks for magical power/interconnect/speaker-cable is a waiste.

Dom

NSA_watch_my_toilet said:
300 bucks for magical power/interconnect/speaker-cable...

Alohomora![/i]

This_Harry_Potter_piano_medley_is_actually_magical.jpg
[/i]

Edbo2

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
I like TQ Blue, Linn K20, Atlas Hyper and QED 79 strand.

Try to borrow some different cables and see if you can hear a difference...if you can't, get the cheapest.

BTW. Welcome to the forum.
Try 13 amp mains cable. Cheap as chips

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts