Speaker buying advice please

Eoinywoney

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone, just looking for some quick advice. I have the option of buying 6 year old acoustic energy ae120 floor standing speakers for €275 or monitor audio bronze 2 and onkyo A9010 new for €360. Obviously I would still need to source an amp if I go for the acoustic energy speakers.

It is to pair with a fluance rt81 with built in phono pre amp in a fairly large bedroom. Clarity is more important than volume to me and my budget is fairly tight.

Which option would you fine folk recommend? Thanks in advance.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Not technically an answer but I'd clarify on the Acoustic Energy AE120's - there have been two versions, one made from around 1995-2000, the other from around 2019... So there isn't a 6 year old version by quite a margin!

If it's the older one I'd say the Bronze 2's would probably fit your criteria better, the original AE120's had a meaty, powerful sound with a pretty restrained treble, the Bronzes are lighter and more open. (y)

Reactions: Al ears
D

Deleted member 108165

Not technically an answer but I'd clarify on the Acoustic Energy AE120's - there have been two versions, one made from around 1995-2000, the other from around 2019... So there isn't a 6 year old version by quite a margin!

If it's the older one I'd say the Bronze 2's would probably fit your criteria better, the original AE120's had a meaty, powerful sound with a pretty restrained treble, the Bronzes are lighter and more open. (y)
Hello Jim, welcome back (y)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts