Speaker advice please

mahobe

Feb 12, 2021
Visit site
Hello everyone! I hope you can help me in this decision. After 20+ years I decided to change speakers. I currently own a Yamaha RX A760 receiver and cannot decide between Oberon 7, vs Emit 30 vs Focal 726. I could not hear the Emits so far. Regarding the other two, I am more turned into the Oberons, though the Focal are better in mids IMHO. What do you think would be the best choice sound wise considering my receiver? I will listen music basically, but movies occasionally. I really appreciate your comments and insights on this tough decision. Thank you in advance!

Gray

Hello everyone! I hope you can help me in this decision. After 20+ years I decided to change speakers. I currently own a Yamaha RX A760 receiver and cannot decide between Oberon 7, vs Emit 30 vs Focal 726. I could not hear the Emits so far. Regarding the other two, I am more turned into the Oberons, though the Focal are better in mids IMHO. What do you think would be the best choice sound wise considering my receiver? I will listen music basically, but movies occasionally. I really appreciate your comments and insights on this tough decision. Thank you in advance!
Welcome Mahobe.
The fact that you've actually heard 2 out of the 3, means you're two thirds of the way there.
Get to hear the Emit and see what you think.
Often people have heard nothing, then ask others to choose for them :rolleyes:
You're going the right way about it, with more chance of long-term satisfaction.

Reactions: rainsoothe

mahobe

Feb 12, 2021
Visit site
Thank you! I totally understand what you mean, and agree. However, I would like to know for instance if those speakers are good for that receiver, if they will work properly, if I will take full advantage of them working together, etc. I would really like to read your comments on that!
Thanks!

D

Deleted member 116933

Hi There

If it where me id sell what you have a get the Oberon 7 c actives
Thank you! I totally understand what you mean, and agree. However, I would like to know for instance if those speakers are good for that receiver, if they will work properly, if I will take full advantage of them working together, etc. I would really like to read your comments on that!
Thanks!

Hello, welcome, I'd say that the speakers you are looking are punching above the weight of the amplifier TBH and I wouldn't be looking to spend that sort of cash on speakers to put in front of an AV receiver that at this point in the AV land is pretty old.

If where me I'd cut your budget in half the emit 30 for example alone would buy a lot of stereo, a nice rotel a12 and some B&W or some nice KEF's and even has digital connectivity on the rotel. It would be one hell of a system for movies and music.

If you listen to music 90% of the time then id also argue you have the wrong amp but that's another subject.

mahobe

Feb 12, 2021
Visit site
Thanks a lot for your answer. What do you exactly mean by old? It was launched in late 2016. I would understand that this is too much time in computers/processors world, but was not aware that 4 years is that much for a receiver. That being said, I could understand this is not the best receiver for music, but it still sounds great with very old jobs and planar 3. So my question is: do I need a “newer” receiver or a “better” one? Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts