Spartan 15 Phono amp

Wylor

Nov 17, 2023
Visit site
Hi Al ears,

No, I don’t need that mono switch but I have heard that it is one of the best sub £500 phono stages out there………any better suggestions? (and they are British made)

Wylor

Nov 17, 2023
Visit site
NJC audio are in Cornwall area...good reliable gear...I have the dac and headphone amplifier, I'd have bought the phono stage also, had it not been for the pandemic.
Thank you skinnypuppy71…… thank you for your positive response and suggestion. I must amit, I hadn’t come across NJC before. I have had a quick look but will investigate further.

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
Thank you skinnypuppy71…… thank you for your positive response and suggestion. I must amit, I hadn’t come across NJC before. I have had a quick look but will investigate further.
Yeah...the lads at njc are great, every product is built to order and they keep you informed about the build, with the icing on the cake being your own name included in the owners manual...lovely personal touch from them......and the electronics are excellent amd I believe they pride themselves with their mm phono stage and separate step up transformer for low output moving coil cartridges, the way it's meant to be done!

DPD

Mar 2, 2023
Visit site
The Spartan 15 by Michael Fidler has some very good reviews out there. You will not see him or his products mentioned in the mainstream " Hi-Fi" press !!

I am looking to replace my Rega MM mk 3 with either the Spartan 15 or the MM pro. I am using a Dyna Vector high output MC cart.
Mind you, it does sound good with the Rega stage. The subjectivity of Hi-Fi kit !!

The Spartan 15 by Michael Fidler has some very good reviews out there. You will not see him or his products mentioned in the mainstream " Hi-Fi" press !!

I am looking to replace my Rega MM mk 3 with either the Spartan 15 or the MM pro. I am using a Dyna Vector high output MC cart.
Mind you, it does sound good with the Rega stage. The subjectivity of Hi-Fi kit !!
Funnily enough I just read about it in the January 2024 Hifi Choice, but a news item, not a review. It’s handmade in England and retails for £330 apparently.

Like you I’ve had excellent results with Rega’s MM phono stages. I had an early Mini and a later Fono v3 or 4. I can’t imagine the Spartan would be a big improvement, but maybe they offer sale or return?

Last edited:

daytona600

UK made Phono Stages Graham slee , Talk edwards , Rothwell & many more

MM carts sound best into MM 47k phono Stages
HOMC like the dyna into a MM 47k stage + 1.5/1.10 SUT step up transformer to match load/impedance
LOMC carts sound best into MC phono stage

Last edited:
Reactions: Wylor

TRENDING THREADS