Spam Filter & Annoying Confirmation Checks - Marvindodgers

Marvindodgers

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I have been a member on this forum for a few years, but recently I am getting increasingly frustrated with having to fill in virtually unreadable confirmation checks every time I post or just triggering the spam filter and my post is lost. I've never encountered anything like this on any other forum I use. Is there anything that can be done please?

Marvindodgers

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:

I'm not doubting that there are spam entries, but there must be a way of recognising genuine members who write sensible, pertinent posts to the forum?

Edit - There is also a strange irony that I seem to be able to post to this part of the forum with no confirmation checks or spam filter failures, but I cannot post in the Turntables section where I actually do want to join in conversations!!

A

Anderson

Joe Cox said:
Sorry about that, your account settings have now been updated so hopefully shouldn't be a problem now.

Joe, as editor of a very popular magazine can you make an executive decision and get the forum sorted ie any other commercially available forum suite?

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
As others have posted nearly every time I try to post some program thinks my posts are spam I wouldn't mind but I dont even like spam

Note from mods - sorted now.

TRENDING THREADS