Soundbar vs hifi question

JimboCycling

Feb 6, 2022
Visit site
I currently have a Cambridge audio a1 amplifier through Wharfedale diamond 7.1 speakers. Obviously not high end stuff but sounds a lot better than some things I've heard!

Practically, the setup of the room would much better suit a soundbar. Can anyone suggest a soundbar that would be roughly comparable in sound quality? I'm guessing I need to spend somewhat more than the current setup cost but I have no idea how far up the market I need to go.

Many thanks

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
..probably the Sennheiser ambio....in all seriousness the two systems are world's apart, re detail retrieval, sound stage (depth) etc......add a small subwoofer to your system and it'll take it to a new level....I own a Yamaha ysp2700 sound projector it's not bad, but it's not a substitute for decent music replay ...I'm seriously thinking about removing it and just using my amp,dac/speakers, they're all in the same room anyway..oh and I'm awaiting delivery of a rel t-zero subwoofer.

Reactions: Tinman1952

Tinman1952

..probably the Sennheiser ambio....in all seriousness the two systems are world's apart, re detail retrieval, sound stage (depth) etc......add a small subwoofer to your system and it'll take it to a new level....I own a Yamaha ysp2700 sound projector it's not bad, but it's not a substitute for decent music replay ...I'm seriously thinking about removing it and just using my amp,dac/speakers, they're all in the same room anyway..oh and I'm awaiting delivery of a rel t-zero subwoofer.
I think you will be surprised how good the little T -Zero is.....and mine go down to 25 Hz. 👍

Reactions: skinnypuppy71

AJM1981

I would suggest to exchange your speakers for the Wharfedale diamond 12.0. I own them for a bedroom and they are simply perfect and built way tighter than previous models.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts