Sound Quality HDD to TV to Active Speakers

Goran

Nov 8, 2020
Visit site
I have a pair of active speakers and my music collection is stored on external HDD in flac format (16/44).
I am looking to buy a TV with flac support, connect it to speakers with optical cable, plug the HDD to a TV, and enjoy my music.
Anyone with experience with similar setup?
Since the signal stays in digital domain, I can not see possibilities for compromised sound quality. Or am I missing something?

Gray

I have a pair of active speakers and my music collection is stored on external HDD in flac format (16/44).
I am looking to buy a TV with flac support, connect it to speakers with optical cable, plug the HDD to a TV, and enjoy my music.
Since the signal stays in digital domain, I can not see possibilities for compromised sound quality. Or am I missing something?
See your other post:
'TV with FLAC playback from HDD'.

D

Deleted member 116933

Why not if you can gaurantee the tv isn’t treating the signal poorly. They’re not really optimised for it.

Personally I wouldn’t want to turn on a tv to listen to music each time.

If your active speakers have more than one digital output I’d look for a cheap chrome cast audio and use that controlled by your digital device of choice. Phone tablet what ever.

But that’s just me

Goran

Nov 8, 2020
Visit site
Why not if you can gaurantee the tv isn’t treating the signal poorly. They’re not really optimised for it.

Personally I wouldn’t want to turn on a tv to listen to music each time.

If your active speakers have more than one digital output I’d look for a cheap chrome cast audio and use that controlled by your digital device of choice. Phone tablet what ever.

But that’s just me
Yeah, but I don't have a way to know if a new TV will treat the signal poorly :-(
Otherwise, I am already using Chromecast, thanks for the suggestion :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts