Sound/Picture sync

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've got an all-in-one Blu-Ray thing from Sony, and firstly - the picture is awesome! But, and it's a rather inconvenient but, the sound on pratically all discs does not sync with the pitrure on screen... Is this because I need to properly set-up something in the system?

At the moment, I'm watching all my movies with the sound from the player muted, and just playing sound through the tv... It's not the worst thing in the world, but would be good to get it sorted out.

Thanks!

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
What is you have? then we can take a look.

I'm guessing you have 1 HDMI cable to the TV and of course all the speakers come out the Sony device. If you are muting sound from the sony player how are you getting sound from the tv? I guess the player is sending sound through the HDMI as well as picture when for what you have you only need picture to go through the HDMI.

Try turning the speakers on your TV off so all the audio is controled by the player. The HDMI is recognising the divice it is connected to (TV) has speakers. I think if you turn the TV speakers off the player will configure itslef to do everything.

See what HDMI settings there are for the player. If there is one for external speakers, try setting this to off. Even though it is an all in one system I suspect you could still connect the player to an AV receiver and it would work like a stand alone player.

I hope that helps. Let me know how you get on.

GP

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info, and your reply has made me realise where I think the issue may lie... I have an optical cable from the tv to the unit to enable use of surround sound when watching tv (I never bother though), so will try and remove this and see if that solves the problem...

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, I finally got round to having a proper go at this (Wanted to watch The Matrix) and have sorted it at last.

Optical cable may have been a red herring. Changing the speaker settings on the TV so the TV uses the ones with the blu ray player sorted it....

Thanks!

ps, The Matrix on DVD was not a great picture at all!!! I may have to look at a blu ray version!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts