Sound Bars Only As Good As Source Recording

Snooker

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a small Yamaha SRC20A and with the right film it sounds excellent in my small to medium size room, films which stand out are Top Gun Maverick, Latest James Bond Films, Original Jurassic Park, and various clips in other films

So if we take Top Gun Maverick is it really worth getting a Sennheiser Ambeo Plus or not for a small to medium size room, also all modern films are not recorded equally even if in 5.1 and it basically comes down to the quality of the recording no matter what sound bar you use ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears
I have a small Yamaha SRC20A and with the right film it sounds excellent in my small to medium size room, films which stand out are Top Gun Maverick, Latest James Bond Films, Original Jurassic Park, and various clips in other films

So if we take Top Gun Maverick is it really worth getting a Sennheiser Ambeo Plus or not for a small to medium size room, also all modern films are not recorded equally even if in 5.1 and it basically comes down to the quality of the recording no matter what sound bar you use ?
As with everything, garbage in / garbage out!

manicm

A lot will depend on the soundbar. Not all are equal at simulating surround sound, some are definitely better than others. Some soundbars are now equipped with seperate rear surround speakers for the full experience too like the Samsung Q990D. And such a setup will almost always be superior to just a soundbar.

Sonos is making big claims about their new Arc Ultra soundbar though - I would wait for the reviews before purchasing any soundbar right now.

Snooker

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have heard about the new Sonos Arc Ultra, sounds good but it is far to long for my tv and setup, and feel in my small to medium size room that my SRC20A is probably more than good enough, but would like to maybe compare it in the future with the Sonos & Sennheiser Sound Bars to make sure I am not missing anything significant

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS