Sound bar or amp and speakers

oldmanBjiujitsu

Dec 8, 2021
Visit site
Should I buy a sound bar or get a amp ? I have a spare pair of Q acoustic speakers (3030i) and was wanting better the sound coming from my tv (Samsung QE55) just wanted advice as to spend my £500 on a sound bar or just get a amp to run the speaker

oldmanBjiujitsu

Dec 8, 2021
Visit site
Thank you for your Replies .It would be nice to be able to run my music through it on occasion and wasn’t really sure of the sound bar sound quality I had been looking at the Sonos beam 2 but the fact that the speakers are just sitting there keep sticking in my head

Reactions: Gray

Tinman1952

Thank you for your Replies .It would be nice to be able to run my music through it on occasion and wasn’t really sure of the sound bar sound quality I had been looking at the Sonos beam 2 but the fact that the speakers are just sitting there keep sticking in my head
I agree those speakers are excellent and even using analogue outs from the TV with the little SMSL SA50 power amp (£66) would sound better than a sound bar. Add an inexpensive little DAC to the optical output on the TV and it should be better still !

Reactions: Gray

ultraminiature

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
With a new 4K Samsung TV and owning a NAD amp /CD and B&W connecting the TV to the amp just required an inexpensive Toslink optical to analogue RCA and the optical and an RCA cables. There is no lag (lip synch issues) as seen with some other sets ups of TV to speakers with optical inputs.

If considering surround sound then getting a Denon or other AV receiver might be worth considering.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts