SonyWH-1000XM4 connecting to PC

svimes

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought the above headphones.
My PC has an optical connection to a TEAC AI-101DA amplifier. Amp then goes to some Q Acoustics 3010 desktop speakers. So that's great.

So I can use the sony headphones with the TEAC via the phones output but if I want to make calls (or webex meetings) I can't use it. What's the best bluetooth way to connect to the PC and still get good sound quality? Will it be able to rival the TEAC? Or should I just get a cheap pair of USB headphones for calls?

BTW my PC has no bluetooth at the moment so will need to get something if I were to use the Sonys for both calls and audio.

EDIT - I just want to see if there is a good solution so I don't have to keep two headphones on my desk. So ideally someone might say "get the xxxy-10003 DAC bluetooth widget dongle, it'll give you great sound quality for music and allow you to make calls"

Last edited:
I bought the above headphones.
My PC has an optical connection to a TEAC AI-101DA amplifier. Amp then goes to some Q Acoustics 3010 desktop speakers. So that's great.

So I can use the sony headphones with the TEAC via the phones output but if I want to make calls (or webex meetings) I can't use it. What's the best bluetooth way to connect to the PC and still get good sound quality? Will it be able to rival the TEAC? Or should I just get a cheap pair of USB headphones for calls?
I don't know too much about your Sony headphones but I would use a cheap USB headset for calls, you don't need stunning quality for this purpose.

svimes

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't know too much about your Sony headphones but I would use a cheap USB headset for calls, you don't need stunning quality for this purpose.

I should have been clearer, it's not that I want stunning sound quality for calls it's just that is there was a decent soluton for me to listen to music (so good quality) and not have to switch headphones to make calls: that would be great. I'll edit my post. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts