Sony z4500 or w5500

motley

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
Morning, i bought a 46" Z4500 back in December and can tell you that I have had no issues with it and it has an outstanding picture

A

Anonymous

the sony z4500 is a outgoing model anyone know when the replacement is due

cmf

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
if you can easily afford the z range i would wait for the z5500. i have read several reviews comparing the z4500 and w4500, it seem the only difference is the 200hz. the general opinion was that you got only a slight improvement with motion flow. but other wise picture quality was better on the w5500. here is a qoute from a site :

So while the Sony KDL40Z4500 holds the current record for the highest
motion resolution we have measured on an LCD TV so far, pound-for-pound
we think that the Sony KDL40W4500 (equipped with 100Hz Motionflow)
represents better value-for-money.

note this is in comparison with the w4500, the w5500 has been reviewed as been a better all round performer compared with the w4500.

so I personally am going for the 40w5500. which can be bought for £849

the z5500 will cost £1499 (cheapest) when it arrives close to double the cost of w5500, if money no object you might as well go for the best tv around. the pioneer x5090 £1800.

A

Anonymous

Believe me I would love to go for aÿpioneerÿbut I don't really have the space 42" about the limitÿ

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
pioneer has 42 inch also.but with 720p only You wont get the same kick in detail as with the 50 inch model .

A

Anonymous

I've beenÿrecommended the samsung 7ÿseries anyone got this TV or know anything about it don't know how it compares to the z4500ÿapparentlyÿthere around theÿsameÿpriceÿÿÿ

A

Anonymous

stokes2608:I've been recommended the samsung 7 series anyone got this TV or know anything about it don't know how it compares to the z4500 apparently there around the same pricethe 7000 series has better black levels than the z4500 thanks to led lights at the side of the screen , the sound is not as good though , the sony has much better sound , the sony also has 200hz as opposed to 100hz on the samsung , according to reviews the samsung is very good with sd , but not as good as the more expensive samsung 8000 series which has 200hz that apparently improves the sd even more , both samsungs need alot of tweeking to the settings to achieve the best picture , in my opinion either samsung is a better bet , they are new models , the sony was very expensive when new , it has come down a lot in price since , but unless you want better sound ( external sound system would be much better ) , id go for one of the samsungs ....

A

Anonymous

Max, I think he is referring to the 7 series, not the 7000 series. The 7 series Samsung does have 200Hz but I'd much prefer the Sony Z4500.

A

Anonymous

Purify21:Max, I think he is referring to the 7 series, not the 7000 series. The 7 series Samsung does have 200Hz but I'd much prefer the Sony Z4500.
oh i thought he meant the led ones . the 750 has 120hz as far as i can see online , i havnt read about them , but they look great and are stuffed with features ...

A

Anonymous

no you are right purify , 200hz , i hadnt seen any reviews of that model , looks a great buy ... i must investigate .....

A

Anonymous

but does the picture quality justify the extra 350 pounds fo the z4500

matthewpiano

IMO yes. There is a clear difference between the W5500 and Z4500. The Z uses a better panel and a better backlight, and the additional 12w driver in the speaker bar adds extra depth to the sound. Black levels are better on the Z and the colours are much more vivid. With the same feed to both sets, side by side, I can also see a real difference between the 100Hz and 200Hz Motionflow, with the 200Hz offering even greater stability during fast movement.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Z5500 though. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the Z4500 and W5500.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts