Question Sony WH-H900N vs AKG Y500

Kaylord

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
Dears, first of all thanks for the guidance; I'm looking for a good pair of cans to be mainly used via bluetooth (to listen to every kind of music, basically) and occasionally via cable (when playing guitar, or listening to jazz & classical music on a decent amp). I don't necessarily need NC ( a nice-to-have feature ) while I'm quite interested in a "flat" signature, in the sense I would avoid any excessively "bassy" headphone due to the fact I will use them to listen to any genres (from hip hop to funky, from acid jazz to classical).
I've seen in my price tag both the WH-H900N and the Y500; I'd prefer to stay on an on-hear headphone, and preferably with a built-in mic (in order to use them also for calls at work).
Can anyone suggest which model you would choose among them, or eventually submit alternatives in the same price range?
Thanks in advance for your valuable help! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MMohammed

MMohammed

Community Manager
Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
I'd say the WH-H900N is your best bet. The tech and features are close enough to their higher-end model at a much more approachable price. I'm strongly considering grabbing those this week, actually. Need some new cans myself!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts