Sony W5500 vs W5810

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey All

I'm considering either one of the above. Are the only differences truely the FreeSat option on the W5810?

I've read a lot about backlight bleed and it seems you either get a good or bad one. What are the best tests to know you have a dud? Does it settle down and go away? Are the 5810s better as implied by the WHF review vs the older W5500.

I currently only watch SD with Sky + in UK but shortly moving to cable on Ziggo or UPC in the Netherlands. Would it be better just to get the cheaper W5500 from amazon for £650 or is the W5810 really worth £800?

The Sky+ devices always seemed to be one of the best PVRs around. Do others now make good models which compare and will do FreeSat as well?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

i have got a recent letter from sony which clearly states they do not recognise the problem you mention in any of their sets

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
peterspc:i have got a recent letter from sony which clearly states they do not recognise the problem you mention in any of their sets

There's a surprise, they haven't been recognising it for quite a few years now, going back to my 40W2000!

A

Anonymous

Not had any issues at all with my recently purchased 32W5500 - in fact, I love it, its ace!

A

Anonymous

Me too , i have got one and i haven't seen any problem with it
rss-cyan.jpg
emotion-40.gif

A

Anonymous

I have KDL37W5500 and no clouding either but WHF didn't get any on this model either.

I have separate Freesat+ box and it works great with TV. Almost never watch live TV now except football on BBC HD or ITV HD.

ewing_82

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi, Not sure if you in UK, but whilst stocks last, Sony Centre's (Well definately Nottingham) are selling the 32W5500 and 32W5710 (same but cosmetics) for £499, that might sway your choice?

A

Anonymous

I have gone with the W5810. So far all is well. Not used the freesat part just yet. Very happy so far though....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts