Sony STR-DN1080 Reset

swiftmick

Nov 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi
can anyone help?
I want to reset my Sony STR-DN1080 back to factory default settings.
I looked on Sony UK Support and was advised to check the user manual on how to restore to factory default settings.
However, I have checked to user manual and no information is shown on how to rest the receiver?
Does anyone know how to do this?
Thanks
Mick

swiftmick

Nov 1, 2008
Visit site
Its ok Guys
I have found a link on how to reset.
But I do have one more question.
Not sure of which HDMI cable to use? I get a little confused as to what 1.2 or 2.2 means?
I want to obtain the best picture quality from my Sony UBP-X800 bluray.
I have been told I need a HDMI with Ethernet?
Any advice please?

swiftmick

Nov 1, 2008
Visit site
Bought the Sony STR-DN1080 and the Sony UBP-X800 on the basis of the What HiFi? Reviews and I must say I am very impressed with both units. Only one serious omission from the review of the STR-DN1080 was the FM aerial input. Why oh why does Sony fall down on this basic input? Is it cost? I believe it is also the same connection on other Sony receivers ie STR-DN 1060. Whatever, it is cheap fiddly and useless, What is the point of including a FM tuner if after all that the customer is short changed trying to pick up a decent radio signal from one piece of thin wire?
And why did What HiFi? not pick this up on the review?

swiftmick

Nov 1, 2008
Visit site
Yes understood, but trying to connect a thin piece of wire to my existing FM antenna is next to useless, So disappointed as I like this receiver, Sony have done themselves no favours here.
Anyway I have now sold the receiver and will purchase from Denon Yamaha or Marantz at least they include a basic 75 oHm connection point.

abacus

All receivers come with a thin piece of wire that plugs into the back these days, (Although occasionally you do get a thin T type wire aerial) as the tech has moved on and what needed an antenna in the past can now be done with a thin piece of wire. (To be honest I didn’t know anybody still used FM these days, so it always seemed pointless manufactures fitting an FM tuner anyway)

NOTE: if it came with just 2 screw terminals on the back (300ohm and what most receivers came with in the past) then all you do is connect the coax centre cable to one of the terminals and the shield to the chassis to get 75ohms.

Bill

swiftmick

Nov 1, 2008
Visit site
I use fm tuner everyday, also I understand manufactures include a thin wire to get you up and running, but my point is only Sony's award winning receivers have the totally useless mini plug socket for connection? This should have been highlighted on the review. Excellent home cinema receiver the Sony's are, but they should have been awarded 4 stars not 5 for such a serious mistake.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts