Sony STR-DG910 optical dropouts

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,just a query about this amp,if anyone has had this problem,I have sky hd,via hdmi and xbox 360 via hdmi and a sony dvd recorder via component connected to the amp both sky and the 360 are fed to the amp with optical cables and have 1 hdmi going into the tv a sony kdl 4025s every now and again the speakers will crackle and the center speaker will go off now i thought this was down to sky hd and there audio dropouts but this is happening on the 360 as well,this has been happening the last couple of weeks all the cables seem fine so i put it down to sky,but it happened on the 360 a couple of nights ago when i was playing cod 4,so i turned the volume on the amp up and it came back on, so every time i get the crackling i turn up the volume put it back to the level i had it on and the audio comes back, wierd or what.so from that the amp must be faulty only had it 2 months from richer sounds,should i chance another 1 or get the sony 1200 se??sorry for the long winded post. cheers Tom

A

Anonymous

I have had one of these amps for quite a while now and have had absolutely no problems with it. I use it for sky HD and a PS3 (amongst other kit) and I think that it has been excellent value for money. I would guess that a phone call to Sony or the supplier is in order for a replacement, it sounds like it is just a faulty unit.

A

Anonymous

It happened to me once while I was playing some MP3 from the PS3 through HDMI. I was in the other room when I've heard the cracking and blamed it on the quick temporary setup and poor cabling (I'm redecorating the room now and the unit is back in the box).

I'm curious to find out if this is a serious problem I should be concerned.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that,I have today returned to richersounds and came back with another sony 910
emotion-2.gif
as i think this is a cracking amp for the money,and i am willing to give this another go,as i could have had a faulty unit before,and no i wouldnt be concerned.Will be keeping an eye on this to see if it happens with this one though
emotion-21.gif
Just out of curiosity what are considered the best settings for this amp,i have ran auto cal and left it at that
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I found this forum after searching for owners of the Sony STR-DG910. I have recently purchased this amp and generally am satisfied with it, but for the fact that it does not seem to decode DTS 96/24 signals as stated in it's specs. Has anyone else experienced this? I effectively have to crank the amp up to full to get any sort of decent sound from a DTS 96/24 sound track. Dolby Digital 5.1 and stereo are fine as is straight DTS, but DTS 96/24 has problems. Any comments would be most welcomed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts