sony str-da1200es

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've had my sony amp for more than a year and love it. However i've recently bought a ps3 and was wanting to put the sound from the ps3 throught the amp. I'm using an optical cable.I've set the ps3 settings ok and have connected the other end of the optical cable to optical video1 in. No luck. I tried scrolling through the input mode of the amp but have found AUTO,ANALOG,COAX but the OPT function does not appear.
Any advice would be much appreciated,

regards

scott

A

Anonymous

[quote user="scottygio"]I've had my sony amp for more than a year and love it. However i've recently bought a ps3 and was wanting to put the sound from the ps3 throught the amp. I'm using an optical cable.I've set the ps3 settings ok and have connected the other end of the optical cable to optical video1 in. No luck. I tried scrolling through the input mode of the amp but have found AUTO,ANALOG,COAX but the OPT function does not appear.
Any advice would be much appreciated,

regards

scott[/quote]
Connect your optical lead in to the TV/SAT input on your amp and then select TV/SAT,using the dial nobs named input selector
go to the ps3 menu,select sound settings-select audio output-then digital out(optical)-tick all the relevant boxs.
Hope thats clear enough.

A

Anonymous

Speaking of which... Can anyone tell me which interface version of HDMI this receiver (the STR-DA1200ES) uses?? Please! I called Sony, even they couldn't tell me (they said: "
emotion-18.gif
emotion-42.gif
well it takes a 1,3 cable so it's 1.3"!!...
emotion-40.gif
emotion-1.gif
emotion-45.gif
)I cannot understand why so few companies mention their HDMI versions on their spec-sheets!! Is it that hard?! Thanks so much.

A

Anonymous

Itïs not HDMI 1.3.

The 2 only from Sony with hdmi 1.3 is the 3300ES and the 5300ES

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts