Sony S360 or a little more?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It's just another reason why relying on raw spec data - rather than real-world experience (ideally yours as well as ours) - is dangerous
emotion-2.gif

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:No, the site is fine, but using the figures for an older model to make a point about the current one may be less than helpful.
Understood Andrew - but in the absence of anything from Sony, I used an inference.

In any case, have done a bit more research and found a site that I def cannot post here, and they claim:

"Sony has also decreased in S360 of the standby consumption if the Quick Start feature is activated to 7.4W (9.3W with the S350)".

Better, but still a ways to go.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Or we could all stop being such lazy/impatient people and put the planet before our own fleeting convenience
emotion-40.gif
None of us HAVE to use the more power-hungry features such as standby and quick-load....

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Agreed! I turn everything off fully (except my Sony DVD recorder as it only does Standby - unless I crawl in behind and unplug it).

I also turn off my PC each evening, and on a Friday night do a run around the department turning off printers etc. I've got only energy saving bulbs, I recycle or compost 70% of my waste, I walk to work (unless its raining, in which case I take public transport). In fact, my home cinema is my only anti-planet vice (and I bought LCD over Plasma for energy saving reasons, and kid myself that the amp works as a radiator!!).

I love this planet, I may stay...

A

Anonymous

Big Aura:

Agreed! I turn everything off fully (except my Sony DVD recorder as it only does Standby - unless I crawl in behind and unplug it).

I also turn off my PC each evening, and on a Friday night do a run around the department turning off printers etc. I've got only energy saving bulbs, I recycle or compost 70% of my waste, I walk to work (unless its raining, in which case I take public transport). In fact, my home cinema is my only anti-planet vice (and I bought LCD over Plasma for energy saving reasons, and kid myself that the amp works as a radiator!!).

I love this planet, I may stay...

Maybe we'll let you. . .

Also, it's better than kidding yourself that your radiator is an amp. . .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts