SONY S350 Blu Ray - Settings advise

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

Finally went for the S350 from Argos Today and so far really happy with it.
Have a few questions regarding setup...

1) It is connected to my Pioneer Kuro (HD Ready but not full HD) - What should I set my Sony S350 picture output too - Gives options as AUTO, 576p, 720p, 1080i or 1080p.
My thinking is set to 1080i but isnt my TV just 720p ?

2) Can I set the S350 remote to control the volume on my DAVIS10 ?

3) I only have two digital input options on the DAVIS amp - Currently I have the digital coax in from the BLU RAY and digital optical feed from my SKY HD.
Is one better than the other (should I swap them - Is one input better suited to BLU RAY or sky HD?)

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers again people - You never fail me!

Jamie

A

Anonymous

Hi Jamie,

You should be able to set a 1080i picture to your TV. Most HD ready TV's can support it.

2) If they are connected via HDMI then you should be able to control the volume by setting the HDMI control to on on both them. It should talk about this in the manuals. To be honest both of mine are the same company, but there is a basic standard that most companies confirm to, albeit under different names (Bravia theatre sinc, Panasonic Viera Link etc).

3) Neither is better or worse, changing them will make no difference. I hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

To be honest thats excellent advise.
Ill have a look re the HDMI control and have set picture output to 1080i leaving the sound bits as they were.
Cheers mate - Really pleased.
Jamie

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
There is extensive advice about this on another site. ÿLinks aren't allowed, but you can Google the information quite easily. ÿIt was put together from testing when the Pioneer 8Gs came out. ÿThe recommendation (for the best picture) is to send a 1080p signal from the blu-ray player, unless the disc is a documentary shot in 1080i (quite unusual now). ÿOn the 8G Kuro, set Pure Cinema at Advance and Drive Mode 2. ÿIf you don't want to change your settings from normal viewing, Pure Cinema 'Off' is OK, but the picture will be a tiny bit less smooth.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts