Sony RDR-HXD970

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Sony KDL40W2000 TV which can handle 1080p but currently use a Sony DVP-NS92V DVD player that upscales to 1080i. I have read your reviews of both the Denon DVD-1940 DVD player and the Sony RDR-HXD970 DVD recorder, which both upscale to 1080p. Purely from a picture quality point of view, should I expect the Denon to outperform the Sony because it is just a player? And should I expect to notice the difference between 1080i and 1080p at all?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes I'd expect the Denon to outperform the Sony purely as a player. But no, on a screen that size I'd doubt the benefits of 1080p over 1080i would be sufficient to merit the extra investment.

A

Anonymous

hi,

I've already osted this on another thread, but I think that one has come to an end, but has anyone noticed that the Sony is a noisy machine or is it just mine? When its downloading the EPG data or during playback you can hear the fan (I think). Sony say its just how the machine works, but I did swap the Panasonic EX77 for the Sony due to dual tuners, but I'm not over happy? Any advice?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts