Sony RDR-HXD970 Review

Krissy11

May 3, 2004
Visit site
Following your excellent review I have bought this great player however i am a little confused - in your review you mention that the twin tuners (analogue and digital) allow you to view one channel whilst recording another. IWhen I am recording however, the system tells me that when attempting to change channels or inputs that this feature is not available at this time. Can you confirm that you managed to record and watch different channels and how you did it as I cannot find any reference to this feature in the manual.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I'm having the same trouble as well - most annoying. I've sent a mail to sony support, but no reply yet.

Let's hope it all works out in the end.

T

Krissy11

May 3, 2004
Visit site
Do you think that it is just that the unit doesn't feature this option as I cannot find any reference to it in the manual. Perhaps ANDREW EVERARD can help us ?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'm afraid I can't as I haven't used the unit at all. I have notified the WHFSV review crew of this query, and hopefully one of them will reply soon.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I think this has been misinterpreted. The benefit of the Sony having twin tuners (analogue and digital) means whatever your TV has in terms of tuners you'll be able to be using the recorder to record one channel while still watching another on your TV.

So, if you've a Freeview tuner on your TV, you can be watching one digital channel while recording another via the Sony. Ditto analogue.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts