Sony Qriocity

John Duncan

Just seen this pop up on my Sony '503. Looks like an interesting alternative to upgrading to Virgin HD for high def movies on demand. Anybody tried it and can comment on quality? Or do I have to take another hit for the team?

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
JohnDuncan,

My initial joy and enthusiasm with this online video feature on my S-370 was met with sheer disappointment due to the fact that it is an expensive service and the video streaming is extremely poor and highly frustrating.

I used it once to watch Robin Hood and that was the first and last time I used it. For the £4.99 I paid, I could have bought a used blu-ray from E-Bay.

Ronald

John Duncan

ooookkkkaaaayyyy. Anybody with good things to say about it before I scratch the idea entirely?
emotion-2.gif

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
JohnDuncan:ooookkkkaaaayyyy. Anybody with good things to say about it before I scratch the idea entirely?
emotion-2.gif

I seriously doubt it, unless you watch movies in SD - that would be pointless, quite frankly!

Even if the streaming worked perfectly, it is still an expensive service.

John Duncan

It's the same price (give or take a few pennies) as Virgin movies on demand, so I can hack the price. It's poor value compared to Lovefilm (etc) of course, though obviously it's not on demand. But if the quality's not up to snuff then I'll have to pass. I may just give Inception a go first though...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts