sony, philips and panasonic decisions!! what tv would i be best suited to me and which is the superior tv.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i'm looking to buy a new tv my 1st lcd/plasma tv, i've looked at the sony 40nx703, sony40ex703 which are in price range for me but i have also got in the running a tad over what i want to pay the philips 42pfl9664 and the panasonic tx-p42v20. i watch tv about 2-2.5 metres away, the is not completely dark but is far from been realy bright. i tend to watch normal tv a few movies and a bit of sport now and again. any advice, comments or reviews on any model would be much appreciated. also is it worth the extra cash for the philips or panasonic and if so which is the most suited for me and the superior tv? sound in a tv is nice to have and i like a tv which as a little bit better than the norm and i hear a lot about philips sond qualitly ! what is it like??? but quite obviously the picture quality is the most important thing, any advice [:S]

A

Anonymous

impossible to say what the best tv is , thats for you to decide , whats superior to one may be inferior to another , demoing is the only way to know whats right for you , identify the one you like , that suits your needs best , and take the bait
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

hi max yes i supose so but the only problem is that i have found knowhere that displays both the pani and philips
emotion-42.gif
and also i have seen no reviews or should i say in depth review of the pani, any idea's WHF
emotion-5.gif
or even better a comparison..

A

Anonymous

try richer sounds for a demo , they stock both the panny and the philips , once youve seen both , make up your own mind , then reel in your prize
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

ok will do, didn't realise they had them both thats great i might come to a decision quicker than expected
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

well its on the op,s to demo list , if it wasnt i would have advised adding it , its as good as a vt20 with 2d by all accounts , nuff said ... ...

JSM15

Mar 18, 2008
Visit site
Well having recently bought a 50PK990 after months of research/procrastinating it's only fair i add that beauty to the mix........

A

Anonymous

yeah its meant to be very good , havnt seen one myself yet , lg have really upped their game this year with their plasmas , the le8900 lcd aint bad either , hey , get that baby in your signiture , i thought you were a panaman
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

JSM15:My last tv was a 37PX80 but i am not loyal to any particular brand. You could say i am a TV sl*t!
emotion-2.gif

im getting a wandering eye myself
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

slewis:Is that because panny's are know getting four star's max.
emotion-2.gif

gel , is that you
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

im considering a 50v20 , 50vt20 and 50c7000 slewis , seen the vt20 , havnt seen the other two yet , they dont sell the v20 here in ireland , but as i say i expect that to be very like the vt20 , once ive seen the sammy ill make a decision ...
emotion-21.gif

it will hopefully be the vt20 though , funds allowing
emotion-19.gif

A

Anonymous

Max, The panasonic shop in Limerick do sell the 50V20 (but not the 42V20) and have a summer promotion of ?1,650. They also have a VT20 on display (I think it's the 65"). The 50VT20 is ?2,450. What you can't officially get here they told me is the G20 although I think some stockists can get it in on special order. I got my 46G20 delivered last week from Northern Ireland. If the V20 came in 46" I would have gone for that.

A

Anonymous

oh i didnt know about that v20 deal in limerick socrates , they might have themselves a new customer yet
emotion-21.gif

thats a strange one re. the g20 though ? it is widely available in ireland , power city , d.i.d. electrical , kelly and dollard , harvey normans etc all stock the g20 in its various sizes ..

i can get a 50vt20 for e2300ish too , just not sure if its worth the extra , i dont see 3d taking off , perhaps with gamers , and im sure plenty of kids will enjoy the few 3d cartoons now out , but i dont see anything that i would like to watch in 3d on the horizon ..

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
maxflinn:i can get a 50vt20 for e2300ish too , just not sure if its worth the extra ,

And of course it is only four stars...
emotion-5.gif

zackly , ill be in the shop brandishing my copy of this months mag , calling them robbers
emotion-3.gif
, ill spit in my hand and offer them e1850
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Which of course will leave you more money for the crack, max...
very good andrew
emotion-1.gif
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

The problem with choosing a TV is that in store demos are not good enough, and that magazine reviews can only be a guide.

I'm on my second Panasonic (50G10), and I bought because I was very happy with my 42PX60.

I new what to expect after years of viewing the PX60, and knew I would not get any nasty surprises.

No TV is without fault, but which faults can you live with the best.

TVs are the hardest things to choose.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Which of course will leave you more money for the crack, max...

That's spelt "craic" Andrew, unless of course you are actually referring to a controlled substance :)

A

Anonymous

hi andrew have you any idea if and when you will be reviewing the panny??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts