Sony KDL46w5500 and Buffalo Terastaton DNLA

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I can see the Buffalo NAS from the Sony and vice versa. All network connections test out Ok. When I look at the Folders via the Sony it tells me that there is nothing there. The NAS has one share where I store iTunes and I have added some JPEG images to this. There are no user or group access rights

My hunch is that the NAS DNLA is not compatible with the Sonly DNLA. Neither Sony or Buffalo support pages are forthcoming but I did notice that there was a later firmware update for theNAs but it specifies only guaranteed for the Americas. I'm a bit loathe to try this upgrade in case it wipes out several hundred gig of music. also the firmware on my NAS is 2.10 whilst the new version is 214.102 which males me unsure as to whether it is valid being in a different format.

Has anyone got this working? If so how

I

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I know with the PS3, when using DLNA I've looked into a folder expecting to see something and it was empty. The reason? I was looking at a music folder under the Video menu on the XBar.

I don't know if it's the same on your telly but just double check that you are looking at a photo folder under the Photo menu item.

A

Anonymous

There's nothing in any of the folders. The only difference is the Video folder which tells me to try again later as it can't access the server at this moment in time. V polite but with no diagnostics it's a black hole.

A

Anonymous

a quick update.

After scrabbling around on numerous forums I found a firmware upgrade for the Buffalo. Version 214_102 which roughly translates to 2.14. Another bit of scrabbling around gave me some dubious installation method (it would help if manufactures put how to do upgrades in their manuals or obtain a technical writer who could explain it in laymans terms and make it easily accessible on their websites: is this not a basic human right.) Clicking an executable file and crossing fingers and legs and anything else that came to mind the system upgraded and I can now see my folders on the TV and an MP3 actually played. Result on a wet Saturday afternoon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts