SONY KDL40W2000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I JUST BROUGHT THE SONY 40 W SERIES AND I JUST HAD IT TODAY AND FOUND THE PICTURE QUALITY IS NOT THAT GOOD ON TERESTRIAL AND ALSO ON FREEVIEW I HOOKED THE COAXIAL CABLE AND MAINS LEAD INTO THE TV AND FOUND THE PICTURE NOT SO GD ONCE I HAD TUNED THE CHANNELS,WHAT COULD I DO TO GET THE BEST PICTURE THROUGH FREEVIEW AND SKY OR TERESTRIAL BEACUSE THE SET IS CAPABLE OF FULL 1080P! I ALSO BROUGHT THE SONY RDRHXD870B Full-featured DVD Recorder / Hard Disk Drive with Integrated Dual Digital and Analogue Tuner, 250GB capacity. HOW COULE I GET THE BEST PICTURE FROM THE SET CAN ANY1 PLZ HELP ???????

A

Anonymous

To be honest with you, I didnt think much of my old man's X-series bravia on freeview. I think a lot of the limiting factors are the ones you dont immediately think of. i.e. Your aerial. I had to mount a whopping great big gold plated aerial on a 10 ft mast before my dad's picture quality improved. Other factors could be cables. Upgraded TV coax and Mains cable would make a marked difference.

A

Anonymous

yh i was thinkin along the same lines could be cables and my old man sed to me the areial on the roof needs to b sorted out so could be due to these factors! hmm what decent aerials are there ??? beacuse i have a hdmi qed lead and also the scart qed lead but havnt not yet got a decent areial lead which make and model is the best and makes a hell of a differance? i have heard QED and IXOS is the best makes?? just not sure which would be the best way to get the top picture quality..

A

Anonymous

Ive had no personal experience with it, but to the best of my knowledge the QED Qunex TTV was mentioned in the current magazine as being a surefire way to improve picture quality. I will be moving soon and did have that cable in mind as my next 'upgrade'.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, it will make a difference, but only if you have a good aerial and nice clean connections in the cable all the way down to the wall-socket.

I'd suggest getting a good local aerial installer to give your current aerial the once over - the ones belonging to the Confederation of Aerial Industries are usually pretty good.

A

Anonymous

cheers i wil get the areal sorted and then see what the picture quality is like what wil the areal people do regards gettting the best connection? is there anythg u can recommend? is there any settings that i should know about to get the best picture? i also have the sony RDRHXD870 High- end DVD recorder with 160Gb hard drive, Freeview and 1080P HD Upscaling via an HDMI lead. can i play high def disks on it? whats the sony blue ray player i can get?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If the aerial's been up there a while chances are it'll have oxidisation on the contacts between the aerial and the cable, may have moved out of alignment and could just be generally manky. And the connections down at the wall-box end could probably do with stripping back and remaking, too, assuming the cable itself's in good order.

A good installer will be able to recommend the correct aerial for your needs, install it correctly, align it and make sure it won't sag or sway. They'll also be able to check how much signal you're getting.

Only then you can think about fancy aerial cables for the last metre and a half from the wall socket to the recorder, and from the recorder to the TV. As well as the HDMI lead from the recorder to the TV, you'll also need an aerial lead, or the TV tuner won't work.

No, you won't be able to play hi-def discs on the Sony, but it will upscale DVDs so they look better on your TV.

Sony Blu-ray players? The BDP-S1E, which will be tested in the next issue of WHFSV, or the forthcoming BDP-S300, due in a couple of months or so. See here for more on that.

A

Anonymous

hi i was wondering will the QED QUNEX RVR WIRE work in my sony kdl40w2000? and also wil it be compatible to my sony RDRHXD870 High- end DVD recorder with 160Gb hard drive, Freeview and 1080P HD Upscaling via an HDMI lead. because at the moment im finding it hard to link it all up so that i can record freeview and sky on to the hard drive and then upscale it to 1080p?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, though you'll need a female to male cable to link from recorder to TV. One aerial cable from socket in wall to recorder, one from recorder from TV.

A

Anonymous

cheers also i having trouble setting up the recorder to the tv i cannot seem to get the right channel to apear or to tune it correctly?

A

Anonymous

so i need one areal cable in wall to recorder and one from tv to recorder and this will allow me to record sky and freeview ? and upscale it? what is a male and female areal like? diffrent both sides from the QED range could u tel me which wire this is show me the two types i would need to connect this up correctly please it would help alot cheers what wires would i need could you please list the best ones i can get

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, this will allow you to record Freeview, and watch TV. To upscale from the Sony's TV tuner and watch your recordings and DVDs upscaled you'll need an HDMI cable from recorder to TV, and to record Sky you'll need a Sky box and a Scart connection to the recorder.

This is a female aerial connector

and this is a male one

The recorder has a female connector for aerial input, so assuming you're going from an aerial wall-socket you need a male-to-male QED cable for that one, and the aerial output from the Sony is on a male conector, so you need a female-to-male QED cable from there to your TV.

Regarding your tuning in problem, the recorder should be able to output a test pattern - see instruction manual - and you then just use the TV's analogue seek tuning to find that pattern, then assign that to a preset.

If you're using an HDMI connection from the recorder to the TV, you don't need to bother with this. Just select the HDMI input on the TV and you'll be able to see the output from the recorder.

A

Anonymous

i cannot get the best picture from my tv i dont know what settings that i need to chnage to get the best picture? there is a setting for vivid picture and standard which is better and what other settings can i chnage to get the top picture. on some pictures i can get good quallity colours and some of the colours look grey what can i do about this? can u tel me which settings would be best to set to ?cheers also on my dvd recorder 1080p upscaler i want to upscale sky once recorded to the hard drive can i do this? and also when i insert a dvd into the player can i upscale it to 1080p?

A

Anonymous

what types of things do i have to set to get the best picture through 1080p on the sony kdl40w2000??? is there anyhtg that i should know such as colour, sharpness, etc thanks

A

Anonymous

Apologies for souding somehat cynical here, but I find it quite amazing! We specifically talk about, and go out and buy an HDTV and expect the technology to work wonders for standard definition, above all Freewview through a roof top aerial-Yuks! The TV is undeniably, a great TV, but forking out more money to improve the SD, in my humble opinion, is a waste of time and effort. I have yet to come across an HDTV that can sport good SD from FREEVIEW that is. SKYDIGITAL yes OK-the picture is much better though and I can only say that the SAMSUNG 42PSQ97HDX, SONY KDL-40D300 and PANASONIC 42THPX70 hit very near the SD Spot, but with FREEVIEW I have yet to see anything that really shines, albeit things significantly do improve when you don't exceed a 32ins screen size.

A

Anonymous

Damn it. I am getting more and more confused. I am fast becoming over researched on which TV to buy since I am in a similiar position to the poster of this. I think I might start a new topic!

Bayf

A

Anonymous

Just in response to your comments about Freeview transmission, my Samsung PS50Q97HDX has a very very good picture from Freeview. The best I've seen. It's just mind sappingly awful at channel changing and has an irritating snakey moire effect thanks to the non reflective filters they've used. Otherwise, brilliant screen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts