Sony KDL40/46Z4500

A

Anonymous

I just brought the 46Z4500 on the 19th. I really am happy with the picture, but unfortunately there is clouding at the bottom left and right. I first noticed it while watching Iron man on Blu ray, and its been bugging me. I am going to taka chance and get a replacment this week. Also noticed a green pixcel stuck on the screen. Lets hope I get a better one.

Looks like clouding is a issue with most LCD's, just depends how bad you get it. Not good thogh. Thought sony would really sort this out by now. I have seen many LCD's before getting this one and am impressed with the picture, especially SD and Blu ray HD is fantastic. Really was expecting a poor SD picture, but is definately watchable. Not sure how much a difference 200hz really is, but motionflow is impressive.

Overall , bar the clouding. Excellent TV. Oh the sound is alot better than the W4500 , but I have also got the RHT-G900 AV cabinet. So use this mainly. Great AV cabinet. Just hope I get a replacment no clouding. Oh please ..please !!

A

Anonymous

Mate. I just got my replacement for 46z4500. I am totally happy with SD and blu ray viewing. I had way to much clouding on the first one I had, and the replacement is far better. Dont notice any at the moment in dark scenes. The TV is top notch and totally recommend it.

At last after all the reviewing, i have a TV that im totally satisfied with. Will be interesting to read WHF's review.

A

Anonymous

its good you got a new set from them without the bleed, because thats a hefty premium for that tv

A

Anonymous

review on a HD TV test site. Not really much better than the W4500, 200Hz does help, but not a lot. Picture/colour wise they are the same. Pound for pound the W4500 is better.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
I'm looking for a 40" Sony set for use with consoles and watching the odd movie, as the missus is hogging our main set at the mo.

I viewed the W and Z models the other day, and the Z was a bit smoother with action footage to my eyes.

I'll probably go with the W, as it's a second set, and is indeed better value. But if it was our main set I'd be tempted to splash the extra on the Z.

Looking forward to the WH-F review though
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Clare and the team

Any news yet on the review of the 46Z4500 I have some money burning a hole in my pocket...

emotion-6.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We are STILL waiting for Sony. Which is like Waiting for Godot, but less interesting...

They really are the pits at getting kit out for review. I'll chase them yet again.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare

I'll be interested in your views

It seems what with the responses of others on different threads Sony's customer care team could do with a little upgrading themselves.

Oops, already have a 46X2000 hope it does'nt break down now..

A

Anonymous

rewerb:review on a HD TV test site. Not really much better than the W4500, 200Hz does help, but not a lot. Picture/colour wise they are the same. Pound for pound the W4500 is better.Another review on a Trusted review site says more or less the same, but recommends the Z4500 because of the lack of clouding.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts