Sony KDL-55W905A or W805A?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

cutter74

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking of purchasing a W9 for the living room and a W8 for the bedroom but have a really hard time finding info about standard VESA mount compatibility for either of these models. Sony's website does not offer any info regarding the matter and simply put, I don't trust the local Sony Centre personnel. Some help guys? I'd hate spending so much money only to find out that they are designed like the cheaper W6 model (NOT VESA mount compatible, you have to wall mount the provided stand which is at least awkward). Many thanks in advance.

Selby

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
If I was in the Market for a new tellie - I would have plumped for the W9. I agree the new Sony 4K Panel looks nice (image wise) but those speakers are not really needed........its spoils the look to be honest....and with an existing 5.1 set-up are a bit uneccessary too.

Doodlebug1

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Surprised to see the w8 had far greater detailing than w9. The blues on w9 unreal and overpowering. Red on red and static pictures in ultra hd are better on w9. Dark scenes better on w8. Difficult choice. I can afford both, but I think w8 wins for me.

by the way the w8 is an LG screen. The w9 is purely Sony made - NOT Samsung or Panasonic.

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I pulled the trigger on the Sony KDL-47W805A model today i got a free BDP-S4100 & 5year warranty plus 500Euro of the T.V

My W8 arrives tomorrow morning once i get set up, i will write up a review to any who would be intrested in this model

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts