Sony KDL 37W5500U or Panasonic P37X10B

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have been looking to upgrade my 28" Sony CRT and have been trying to decide between the Sony 37W550 LCD or the Panasonic 37X10 plasma.

I mainly watch SD Sky channels especially sports like football and cricket and will probably upgrade to Sky HD in the future. I'm also limited to a max 37" screen size.

I can get the Panasonic for £600 and Sony for around £800, both with a 5 year warranty.

I'm swayed more towards the plasma due to better reviews regarding SD content and fast motion quality but i am tempted to stick to Sony due to the quality of my old set.

Any help and advice will be greatly received.

A

Anonymous

You are probably quite rightly impressed by your Sony CRT but you'll find that SD Freeview/SKY on a new LCD may well disappoint you. The Panny plasma is not perfect either, so I suggest you look in the shops.

HD performance will of course be much better on both sets.

nig_101

May 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi leeson

We've had the p37x10b for a couple of weeks now, like you watch mainly Sky SD including footie & cricket, and upgraded from a 32" panny CRT that in its day was an award winner and we thought had a good picture. Having looked at many sets in the shop, both plasma & lcd (including 37" full HD LCDs), we chose the panny as the picture looked better than anything else they had - we even preferred it to its 42" brother! 2 weeks on, we have absolutely no regrets with the TV - the picture still amazes us
emotion-2.gif
. We've watched pretty much all types of picture on it now, from Sky footie & cricket, 'normal' evening TV etc, last weeks Grand Prix & this mornings qualifying, through to Blu-Ray & DVD movies and the picture is great - a marked improvement over our old tv! No problems with the fast moving images and the colours are great as you would expect from a panny plasma. Get yourself down to a shop to have a look if you can, but I can whole-heartedly recommend the p37x10b.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback. I've tried many of the local retailers and found most LCD tv pictures to be poorer than my old CRT with SD pictures.

Not been able to find the Sony or Panasonic locally to compare yet so will hang off a little before committing to a purchase.

I am still in favour of the Panny due to favourable reviews on this forum of last years model, so i would imagine this new model should be on a par if not better.

Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts