Sony KDL-32D3000 or the Panasonic TX-32LXD85, your opinions needed!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am taking the plunge and getting my new TV this weekend. It has come down to the Sony KDL-32D3000 (£600) and the Panasonic TX-32LXD85 (£650). Mainly SD viewing, esp SD Sky Sports, upscaled DVD's, PS3 games, maybe some HD broadcasts soon, the odd blu ray in the future. I think I am making the right choice by going HD ready and not full HD so my SD viewing doesn't suffer. Plus at 32" I doubt I'll notice full HD difference, which would only be with blu rays anyway (as games/broadcasts are brought down to 720p from 1080i I believe).

So guys and girls, votes and opinions please??!! The newer Panny or the older (now discontinued), but equally feature packed Sony?! Thanks in advance!!

A

Anonymous

Thank you Claire.

I may be leaning towards the Panasonic now, it is extremely difficult deciding between the two when they appear to be so similar. Have you reviewed either at all (if your memory can stretch back to the when the Sony came out?!
emotion-40.gif
)? I think I read your review on the LZD85. I thought that looked very good with both SD and HD content, especially for Full HD, then Sky Sports News came on and they were showing Flintoff bowling in a county championship cricket match and he was unrecogniseable and blurry. My heart sank, but then it could just have been that the camera was rubbish as is often the case at county matches and on SD sky sports news. Anyway I decided HD Ready was the way forward and hence why I am facing a dilemna between these two now. Oh crumbs! My real problem is that no store seems to have the two and even worse I can't find the LXD85 in a store, only online. Having physically seen the Sony I was originally thinking I would go with what I had seen and admired.

Thanks again!

A

Anonymous

Just to throw a spanner in the works you can get the Panasonic 37PX80 for the same price as the 32LXD85.

A

Anonymous

Haven't got room for a 37", stretching it at 32". Plus I want to wait til I can get a 37" Full HD Plasma in a few years, but I did look at it as an early option so thanks!

A

Anonymous

Hum that's helpful, and that's 6.25% of your contribution on this forum, wonderful.
emotion-42.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts