SONY HT-SS2000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Frustrated!!!!!!!!!

"If you want to add a Blu-ray system to your Bravia TV, Sony now offers the £800 HTP-BD2RSF home entertainment system (below). With this you get the BDP-S3000 Blu-ray disc player, partnered with the matching HT-SF2000 5.1 Home Theatre system and HTP-BDP-2RSF surround speakers"

As Quoted by WHF S&V. NO NO NO you can't!!!

Can some one please tell me, preferably from WHF S&V, why you mention the above kit, when it is clearly not available here in the UK?

Firstly, going by WHF S&V's prices that would make each item £400. Where the hell did you get these prices from, shouldn't it be $800. Although I'll let you have that one, as these are RRP, which everyone knows is a pile of old ......

Secondly, how did you get this info anyway, did you just make it up???? The HT-SF2000 and HSS2000 are NOT available anywhere in Europe. If you know something different to SONY UK and ALL their distributors please tell as I have spoken to all of them and they know nothing about it.

I have been trying to find out where I can buy the HT-SS200 from and the only places are in the states for $350 (£170). Unfortunately due to our power differences and ridiculous Customs Import scam there's no chance of getting a player over here.

So please, someone enlighten me. Otherwise I'm off to buy a Toshiba HD-EP30 and alternative surround package. It does nothing for BD's and Sony's reputation.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
OK, keep calm! All the information was provided on a press release issued by Sony UK's PR department at the What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision Show in November. I know, because I picked up the release myself at the show and wrote the story. It may be that there's been some delay in the products coming to market (this sometimes happens, with a lag between us being told about them and the products appearing in the shops).

So, in an attempt to soothe your nerves, I will email Sony's PR dept now and find out what's happening. I'll post back as soon as I have an answer.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I am interested in some of the above products and although I too haven't seen that many details about them, there is some information now appearing on the web (how reliable this is, I don't know).

AMAZON have the HT-SF2000 (although delivery dates look unclear) and http://www.mcmichaels.co.uk has the HTP-BD2RSF (so does digital direct, although no price is given here).

Hope this helps.

I assume these products will get reviewed at some point in the magazine.

regards

K

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If we can ever get our hands on them, yes...

A few other e-tailers seem to have the HTP-BD2RSF system listed, too - I found one selling it for £779, and offering a 3-day delivery time direct from Sony. See here.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
If we can ever get our hands on them, yes...

A few other e-tailers seem to have the HTP-BD2RSF system listed, too - I found one selling it for £779, and offering a 3-day delivery time direct from Sony. See here.

[/quote]

Yes, I saw this, fell of my chair laughing at the price, seeing as you can get the S300 for £244 and the SF2000 for £355, better off buying them separately or wait for the deals. No news yet on the SS2000 though.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
But to come back to your original point - Amazon is offering both the player and the receiver/speaker package with guaranteed next day delivery.

A

Anonymous

But to come back to your original point - Amazon is offering both the player and the receiver/speaker package with guaranteed next day delivery.

[/quote]

Hi Andrew, I believe these are for next day delivery as well, even if they wasn't I'd rather wait the extra day and save myself nearly £200.

A

Anonymous

Was thinking more in terms of availability than price...

[/quote]

Oh okay, both are available now at these prices, so no waiting for stock to arrive, as mentioned before, just wish this was the case with the SS2000 as this is the baby I really want. :)

As I've just brought the EP30 and now watching HD I may wait a while to get the S300 player unless I can get it discounted with the SS2000 when it does come out.

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys & Claire (WHFS&V)

Do you have any PR from Sony on the release of a possible HT-SS1300 or HT-SS2300?

My only thought is that these possibly are the AIO standalone versions of the 1200 in the HTD-870RSF/SS and the 2000 of the HTP-BD2RSF/SS.

Cheap Electricals seem to know more about it than Sony themselves do according to their website with these items listed with due by/delivery dates. Unless of course they have been visiting another forum and just listing them as heresay?

Oh, you been the ORACLE an all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts