Sony HT FS1 - looking for advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys, due to the recommendations of the guys on this site i bought the sony ht-fs1's to go with my lcd, ps3 and v+ box.

1st of all i have a problem, the ps3 and v+ box are plugged into the amp with hdmi cables and then i have one hdmi cable into lcd, the problem i am having is "flickering" on and off, the ps3 does it once every hour or so for a second or two so is bareable, but the v+ box is constant flickering on and off, totally unwatchable? can anybody help in regards to this?

2nd i am hoping somebody can clarify what settings i need to change on the amp and the ps3 to ensure best quality sound from movies and games, at present ive just plugged everything in and got on with it, ive not changed any settings on the amp at all.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul

A

Anonymous

could it be cheap hdmi cables? dont think it is because the connections click into the amp nice and solid......and when plugged directly into tv there is no problem??? i really hope its not a faulty system and i have to deal with a return.

A

Anonymous

bit of an update, as the ps3 was working "ok" apart from the odd loss of connection (flicker), i plugged v+ into same hdmi slot and the problme was still there, i changed the hdmi cable and the problem was still there, so now im really stumped???

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Given the testing you've done, it definitely sounds like the issue is within the Sony HT-FS1 somewhere - just the fact that plugging directly into the TV and everything working okay pretty much guarantees this. I'd take it back to the retailer and see if you can reproduce the problem there. Not sure, but it could be an incompatibility with the HDMI connection between the amp and the TV.

A

Anonymous

but if that was the case why would the ps3 work (kind of)...the ps3 flickers off and back on again about once every 3-4 hours or something like that, where as the v+ is just totally unwatchable. ive plugged v+ into tv now and optical from v+ to amp, and thats working fine, just annoying that i cant connect it all how i wanted.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I couldn't tell you why, but given you've said plugging both into the TV means they both work fine and you've tested all the cables, you've effectively ruled everything else out so it's only logical it's an issue with the HT-FS1.

A

Anonymous

I have a similar problem.

I also have the HT-FS1 with the 40W5500. I hooked up my Xbox to the amp through HDMI and from the amp to the TV with HDMI. The xbox itself works great, and so does the games. However when I put in a DVD it constantly flickers. So the problem is not even in the cables for me (the dashboard and the games work perfect) it's only when the xbox plays DVD's. Connecting the xbox straight to the TV eliminates the problem. Therefore it cannot be the xbox360.

I'll have to call Sony when they are open..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts