Sony DAV IS10

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I recently read the review in the WHF re the Sony DAV-IS10.

When will they be in the shops as I am about to purchase the KDL D3000 for the complete package.

Also, will there be a review of the DAV-X10

Thanks in advance

GK

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The DAV-IS10 should be in the shops any day soon - retailers are starting to list it, as you'll see here.

Not sure re the DAV-X10 2.1 system at present - if Sony don't stump up a review sample, i'm sure we'll (not for the first time) buy one to test it and let you know how it does.

A

Anonymous

Hello,
Follow the link DAV-IS1O for £519.99 delivered..

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3468161/Sony-DAVIS10-CEK-Ultra-Compact-5-1-DAV-Bravia-Home-Cinema-System/Product.html

A

Anonymous

I see SuperFi(www.superfi.co.uk) are now offering the DAV-IS10 at £509.95(+£10 for multi-region) inc. delivery.

I would love to hear from anybody here who has either bought or heard this set-up. I just don't believe those speakers!! Dolls house or what? Does it 'do' SACD or DVD-Audio? My CD player and amp may become surplus to requirements.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="david1997"]
My CD player and amp may become surplus to requirements.

[/quote]

It's a home cinema system that plays music decently (for a home cinema system!) - don't ditch your hi-fi separates for it...

A

Anonymous

Just took delivery of the DAV-IS10.

Clare, the review was spot on, I can't believe the quality from such tiny speakers!

The maiden voyage for the player was 'BlackHawk Down DVD'. The UP scaling to 1080i was very impressive.

What was even better is the sound, my lounge was filled with the noise of rotor blades at 360 degrees. LOL

This is a 'MUST' buy piece of equipment, stands very nice with my Sony KDL-40D3000

A

Anonymous

I know you are probably right, Clare. I've been reading What Hi Fi since the days it was black and white so I have been 'well separate' for some while. Its just that my hifi is just becoming a bit to much like hard work when all I want to do now is listen instead of always 'listening out for...'. My CD's play on a Cambridge Audio Azur 840c via a CR Developments Romulus valve amp to a pair of nicely ageing B&W CDM 7s. However this not so nicely ageing reader just cannot get the sound 'right' (whatever 'right' means!) and I just fancied the idea of selling off my CD and Amp and getting the DAV-IS10 and having some fun. I have the chance of purchasing a 'new' s/h philips 37PF9731d and ditching my old CRT Panny. I would still keep the B&Ws for my wifes iPod/Fatman iTube combo and I do have a nice pair of AKG 701s plugged into a Graham Slee Solo just to keep up the appearance of 'High End Cred' should the HiFi thought police suddenly appear at the door!!

Do you get my direction of travel or am I really 'Mr Sad from Teddington'?

You needn't answer that!!

David

A

Anonymous

Hello,

couldn't find an answer for this anywhere... will this system be available in silver ???

thanks in advance

Ped :)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It seems not - both TVs and systems are inexorably heading back towards a Henry Ford-style 'any colour as long as it's black' stance at the moment, it appears..

A

Anonymous

Claire,

Looking to buy an all in one system and cant decide between the Sony DAV IS10 and the Philips HTS9800W. How do they compare???

A

Anonymous

I have just bought this system. I am running it through a Sony KDL32d3000 via HDMI. The problem I have is to get to a normal listening volume I have to turn it up to about 55. This represents about 3 quarters on the volume bar. Is this right? When you play the self calibration test tones it sounds fine but I am worried that cranking it all that way for normal listening can't be healthy!

A

Anonymous

Hello Spickles!

I had a demo of this in the sony shop, I loved the sound from it and the picture quality seemed good also. I did however notice that the volume bar was quite high up to get a reasonable level of volume.

I am still in a bit of a quandary whether to buy this set up or go down the seperate route.

Clare Newsome was kind enough to recomend a set up for me as I dont have a home cinema system at the moment.

Hope someone can answer your question.

A

Anonymous

hi clare:)

not sure where to turn but do you know how I can get hold of a back issue. The october issue that should hold the review of Sony DAV-IS10 to be more precise?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="alex is great"]
hi clare:)

not sure where to turn but do you know how I can get hold of a back issue. The october issue that should hold the review of Sony DAV-IS10 to be more precise?

[/quote]

To be honest, if you've got the Awards issue - which your ref to the October issue hints you have - you've got as much if not more of our opinion on the Sony system, as the original test appeared as part of a briefer round-up of the latest home cinema kit.

And if you haven't got an Awards issue, please hurry- it's only on sale until Wednesday!

A

Anonymous

Similar problem that due to home decoration constraints can't have cables or large speakers all over the place. So as the Sony is so small and unobtrusive can it be used as a 3+1 or am I wasting my money. Also a general question, I take it there no upgrade path to HD so having spent the money that's it.

A

Anonymous

Please try 5:1 if you possibly can. The speaker cables are pretty unobtrusive. Have you got carpets/rugs you can hide them under? As you know, the speakers are tiny. I have my rear ones are on their optional Sony stands which work a treat for me.

A

Anonymous

Clare, My hall is L:5.8mtrs x W:4.8mtrs and one side of the width is open and joined by my dining room measuring L:5.8mtrs x W: 6mtrs. I plan to park the IS10 in the hall only. Do you think these tiny thingy would be too small for my hall and dining room? Appreciate your feedback.

Scrappo

Aug 31, 2007
Visit site
Hi Clare

I recently spoke to someone in a Sony shop and asked if there was a 1080p version of the DAV-IS10 due to be released. He replied that there would be and it is due in the spring or summer.

I went into another Sony shop and asked the same question last week and was told no there is no 1080p version to be released.

Could you please clear this up for me as the DAV-IS10 looks ideal for my needs but I would prefer a 1080p version.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts