Sony DA2400ES 3d capable??

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
AnotherJoe said:
Make sure that only "TV" is set in the HDMI settings menu on the amp - rather than "TV+AMP" .

If you use the AMP's remote as detailed in above post you shouldnt have any problems.

If you change CEC settings on another box - you may find the amp has the setting back to "TV+AMP"

Hi & thanks for replying,

I think I must have been typing my post as you were finishing yours - I am a really slow old school one finger typer !!! I have read it now though.

Do you mean the audio out setting on our amp ? If so it is set to AMP already and not TV+AMP ? So still confused. I have the following settings on the HDMI menu part -

Control for HDMI = ON

Audio Out = AMP

Video Direct = ON

Am I just being stupid here ? More help would be appreciated.

I would rather not start programming the Sony's remote if at all possible (for fear of technofobia) but if it's the only way then I guess I will have to fathom it out.

Still a bit un-clear on this CEC thing too - doesnt seem to be in any menus on amp or Blu Ray player ?

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
@pursquart

You really need to control everything using the amps remote - otherwise there will be a tug of war between the bluray and the TV over which input to switch to.

CEC is called Bravia-Link (Sony), VieraLink (Panasonic), AnyNet (Samsung etc).

To program the sony remote to control your Panny BD -

Press RM and the small power button together. The RM button starts flashing

Then Press BD and type 406 then press DMPORT. The rm button will flash twice to indicate success.

Make sure your BD is connected to the BD hdmi input on the amp.

Then if you press BD on the amp, the play,fast forward, rewind etc buttons towards lower half of the remote will now control your blu-ray.

If it doesnt (try again using 408,425 instead).

Then program the TV, follow the above and press TV (instead of BD) at the appropriate place and try codes 509,524,553,559 or 572 for the Panny TV.

You may have to turn off the VieraLink on the TV for the speakers if your switching problem persists.

AndrewFG

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
AnotherJoe said:
The remote for the 2400 is the RM-AAP024. That remote can be programmed to control TV/DVD/BD/SAT etc. Page 105-11 in the manual.

Wow! I have had the thing for three years, and I never knew that.

AnotherJoe said:
You might be able to use the OPPO to control it all despite the audio not switching back to TV after you turn off the BD - if you use input assign on the amp. For example if your BD is connected to the BD HDMI on the amp, connect the TV's optical out to the Video1 OPT and use input assign to select Video1 OPT as the audio for the BD input. HDMI has priority over OPT, so when playing a BD sound will be via HDMI, and when you turn off the BD, sound will be via the OPT (tv) - so the amp doesnt have to switch input.

Cool idea!! I will give that a try...

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
AnotherJoe said:
@pursquart

You really need to control everything using the amps remote - otherwise there will be a tug of war between the bluray and the TV over which input to switch to.

CEC is called Bravia-Link (Sony), VieraLink (Panasonic), AnyNet (Samsung etc).

To program the sony remote to control your Panny BD -

Press RM and the small power button together. The RM button starts flashing

Then Press BD and type 406 then press DMPORT. The rm button will flash twice to indicate success.

Make sure your BD is connected to the BD hdmi input on the amp.

Then if you press BD on the amp, the play,fast forward, rewind etc buttons towards lower half of the remote will now control your blu-ray.

If it doesnt (try again using 408,425 instead).

Then program the TV, follow the above and press TV (instead of BD) at the appropriate place and try codes 509,524,553,559 or 572 for the Panny TV.

You may have to turn off the VieraLink on the TV for the speakers if your switching problem persists.

Hi AnotherJoe,

I am having some success with the learning controls on the Sony remote and it is all looking encouraging so I am grateful for the advise.

But I am getting myself in a right pickle so please bear with me. If you could spend some more time giving out more advice it would be really appreciated.

I do not have time now to fully go through all my issues but can hopefully give it more time this afternoon as I am running out of time and have got to go to work shortly.

However, in brief.

I am not getting any success with the codes for the remote on either tv (GT30) or bd player (500). I can input it all fine as per your guidance but after entering the codes for either and after pressing DIMPORT i am not getting the two flashes for success. The learning remote using the infra red other remotes is however working ie putting Panasonic remote to Sony remote and doing it that way.

I am wondering if its the settings on my amp that I have scewed up somehow.

My bd player goes thru hdmi1 and sky thru hdmi2 at the back of the amp (hopefully so far so good). I have always had to press hdmi1 (not bd button) to get sound & picture for my bd player (which I have renamed Blu ray). This has always worked fine. If I press BD on Sony remote I getr no picture or sound from my Blu Ray player - in fact it switches the tv to hdm1 input. My Blu Ray player plays through the hdmi2 input on the tv. I guess this might be my problem but being a bit clueless this is where I could really do with your help.

I suspect I have my hdmi leads going into the tv round the wrong way but I am struggling here so anymore help would be appreciated.

Apologies for being so clueless (its my age).

And to top it all my amp is still switching to tv when I turn the bd player on.

Just for reference, I use the Video1 input on my Sony amp for my Airport Express optical lead - would this screw things up even further ???

alimcd

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
If you buy any of the Panasonic 3d players, you can set the 3d output to "side by side". This will definitely pass through 1.3 spec hdmi devices (see amp and tv in sig).

This way you will not have to sacrifice the bitsream output over hdmi.

3d and lossless audio, and dmp-bdt120's are only about £80

Ali

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
alimcd said:
If you buy any of the Panasonic 3d players, you can set the 3d output to "side by side". This will definitely pass through 1.3 spec hdmi devices (see amp and tv in sig).

This way you will not have to sacrifice the bitsream output over hdmi.

3d and lossless audio, and dmp-bdt120's are only about £80

Ali

But you will be sacrificing half of the video resolution....

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
@psurquhart

Thats my mistake - getting confused giving directions for 2400 and 5400 at same time.

You press the appropriate HDMI input not BD/TV etc,

(Doesnt matter which way round u attach an HDMI lead)

I'd suggest you carry on with the learning remote - that way you can learn extra commands u think you might need, rather than just the basic set using the codes gives you (page 133-4)

Just follow the instructions of page132-141.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts