Sony CMT-HX5BT speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm looking for a bit of advice, with a relatively budget sound system, can replacement speakers be used to overcome the shortcomings of the system? a vague question I know, basically I bought the Sony CMT-HX5BT as I wanted a Bluetooth Hifi, as mentioned in this article http://www.goodgearguide.com.au/review/home_entertainment/sony/cmt-hx5bt/221181 and is easily apparent, it suffers from too much bass not enough treble.

Now I've read on the Internet about one guy who replaced the standard speakers with Eltax Monitor III's and I quote "all aspects of the sound tightened up and became more focused, especially the treble response"

Do Sony HiFi's just come with average speakers? would sub £100 speakers go near to solving such issues?

Thanks in advance.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Personally I wouldn't bother with new speakers, I'd work towards getting yourself a proper micro system instead.

Look at Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo etc. at places like Richer Sounds or Superfi. Less than £300 would cover it with speakers, although you would also have to budget for speaker cables and stands. It'll be worth it I promise.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts