Sony Centre

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
gpi:sonycentre:Our sony centre does not have the panna,we just stick to selling sony products,But i know the tvs are set up "out the box" to most of the public would just take a tv and plug it in.Like if you purchased the tv from the multichains and so on.A good dealer would spend time to offer del&set-up.this is not sony slagging panasonic off just to prove that tvs will look diffrent out of the box.And i must admit when i saw this at training we were allowed to play with the settings and the panasonic did not look as good as the sony. I cannot believe for one minute you would display a TV 'out the box' with no time taken to make the TV look as good as you can. I also don't think most of the public would take a TV out of its box and just plug it in. You don't give much credit to most of the public. Most people would spend some time going through the menus to get the best possible picture. What would be the point of all the settings otherwise?To suggest that most people would go through the menus is way of the mark. Of all the people I know, I am the only one who has changed the settings on their TV. Some of my relatives have their TVs with particularly garish "shop" settings and look at me as if I am mad when I suggest it could look better with a bit of adjustment..Also, most people think they are watching HD TV if the TV says "HD ready", even if they have no HD sources.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Lets hope they take a similarly understanding view of consumers wasting half an hour of the salesperson's time in Currys stores and then clearing off and buying the product cheaper online...

Indeed- according to one of their marketing guys ,having done your research then Dixons should be your last port of call.

I understand there are people who believe this mantra before doing their research.

A

Anonymous

Ravey Gravey Davy:maxflinn:

at the end of the day , selling tvs puts bread on tables , just like selling anything , from cars to mars bars , comparisms , fair or not , will always be used to sell products , thats always been the way , and always will be ...

They are not the only ones at it- We went into London this weekend to see the Jersey Boys and this is what greeted us on the Piccadilly line tube advertising board.(bit fuzzy)

091005-tube-dixons.jpg

classic
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts